WIW - 1967 Barracuda 383 4 speed car

-
Peoples descriptions vary. A really good daily driver can turn out to be a pristine survivor. You don't know till you lay eyes on it. A "mint" survivor can also turn out to be a really big disappointment. As they say there are no eyes like the eyes of the buyer. I would love to have one, but they are almost all overpriced in my opinion. Would I pay almost 30k for a real nice 67 383...

Great input.

My input actually matches yours. No pictures, means it's anybody's guess. As stated your 6-7 outta 10 might be somebody else's piece of ****. You know better than to ask such ridiculousness without pictures.

Even a pristine garage kept survivor with low miles is going to need something, unless someone is actually keeping up with the details continually to stay ahead of entropy. If they are doing that, then they are going to know exactly how much the car is going to be worth, and it’s going to be a lot more than $20K! I’m going to apply my initial blind gut instinct guess when I first read your post and say $18K, just for sport. Keep us enlightened, you want a flat out answer, i’s gottsta know how close I am or how badly I missed it.

Not sure if you're aware, 67s are not numbers matching, no vin on engine or trans.

Check casting date on engine and assembly date on engine pad below distributor. Both s/b prior to fender tag scheduled shipping date.

My engine pad is stamped with a 5/23 assembly date, the fender tag has a 5/31 scheduled shipping date, and the buildcard a 5/26 shipped date.

My input actually matches yours. No pictures, means it's anybody's guess. As stated your 6-7 outta 10 might be somebody else's piece of ****. You know better than to ask such ridiculousness without pictures.
I now know not to ask you for your input. I need smart people, in the know to help value the car I described. Move on.

Even a pristine garage kept survivor with low miles is going to need something, unless someone is actually keeping up with the details continually to stay ahead of entropy. If they are doing that, then they are going to know exactly how much the car is going to be worth, and it’s going to be a lot more than $20K! I’m going to apply my initial blind gut instinct guess when I first read your post and say $18K, just for sport. Keep us enlightened, you want a flat out answer, i’s gottsta know how close I am or how badly I missed it.
Best reply yet!

Call me crazy, but I'm not sure 67s came with dog dish caps at all.
Mine is bare bones and came with the lowest of the low full wheel covers, not the fancy ones with the blue center cap.

I'd have to find the book I have with the options, it's not the gg book, some ancient book I got a decade ago.

Is someone going to correct me, or do I have to get up.

I now know not to ask you for your input. I need smart people, in the know to help value the car I described. Move on.

Oh for crying out loud. "If I caint get the answer I want, you caint play my game". You see the likes my comments got? That means people agree with me. If you ask how much something's worth, you include pictures. It's not an unreasonable request, yet you certainly act like it is to the point of being insulting. Tells me all I need to know about you!

67's are the red headed stepchild of the A-Body world. The one shown above at the flippership is not even close to correct, it is just a hot rod and open to a buyers interpretation of what he may like, not a survivor or a restoration. I would say the red one with the description given is worth $8500-15k unless pictures are provided and it has the hard to find parts like the 929 radiator, exhaust manifolds, 894 oil pan, and several other rare parts.

Yes, a classic case of rare muscle car not necessarily means it’s not desirable. I love the factory big block a body, but the factory 340 car starting in 68 was actually a stronger performer and easier to drive with better (as in safer and easier to keep between the ditches) handling. The only reason I like them is because of the potential of how they can be built. The stock exhaust manifolds are nothing more than glorified scrap iron and are the best way to remove 50 horsepower or more from a good engine build, that’s why they are so rare today!

The nicer it is and the all the correct stuff price go up. 14 to 20k
But next week the car prices could be down 8k

Oh for crying out loud. "If I caint get the answer I want, you caint play my game". You see the likes my comments got? That means people agree with me. If you ask how much something's worth, you include pictures. It's not an unreasonable request, yet you certainly act like it is to the point of being insulting. Tells me all I need to know about you!
your not helpful, I did my best to get information from smart A body guys, if you cant help don't reply.

your not helpful, I did my best to get information from smart A body guys, if you cant help don't reply.

You're the one who posted wanting to know something's worth without pictures and you're calling me dumb. You also might want to brush up on your spelling and grammar. That's grammar school level English. Maybe even pre-school today. I am extremely helpful, just not to you anymore. I did try, though. Even though perhaps I should not have.

It was under $4,000 NEW. 50 years of deterioration inside and out. How could it be worth more now?
Oh, believe me, i really don’t understand it either. And without knowing exact mileage, storage conditions, and getting to look over known trouble areas, it’s impossible to make an accurate guess. The only thing I can base it on is what I see people asking for them by description only compared to what I think it would actually be worth by a description. I am expecting my answer to be off because of the unknown, I just pulled the middle number for an unrestored example with normal wear and tear.

You didn't say what the owner is asking for it. You know it's not worth it or you wouldn't be asking. The best answer is - negotiate to what it's worth to you.

Oh, believe me, i really don’t understand it either. And without knowing exact mileage, storage conditions, and getting to look over known trouble areas, it’s impossible to make an accurate guess. The only thing I can base it on is what I see people asking for them by description only compared to what I think it would actually be worth by a description. I am expecting my answer to be off because of the unknown, I just pulled the middle number for an unrestored example with normal wear and tear.

And see, you get it. The OP doesn't understand I am trying to help him by suggesting he post pictures. He will never get a very accurate answer without. None of these answers may be even close, then some of them may. Maybe. Maybe not. Answers are only as good as the information given. If you give incomplete information going in, prepare to get "maybe, maybe not" answers. It's really that simple. As the brother of someone who builds extreme quality cars, he knows that. He's not stupid.

Rest assured, I've done probably hundreds of hours of research in the years I've been a member here for answers for people on different subjects. That's time I will never get back again. And to be insulted for suggesting pictures? I have a list of screen names I will no longer help for one reason or another. I just added another name. It doesn't matter to me one way or another. There are plenty of people who are falling over to answer his question, regardless of how inaccurate their answers are. When I give an answer, I want it to be as accurate as the information allows. So 5 bucks was my answer.

From your description, I'd guess 25K. Here is the problem. Most people want a lot more, and they will say, "This car will be worth $60,000 when it's done." Problem is that those cars are usually $45,000 away from being done. So their $40,000 asking price doesn't add up.

I have owned two '68's that are "correct". Am not interested in playing this game of "value" unless I see pictures of the car itself. When I see detailed photos, then I can help you on "value".

-
Back