WIW 1971 fe5 340 4 speed duster

-

1969superbee

Reaction score
Just wondering what a done #2 condition matching number motor and trans car is worth. Has hood pin and go wing options with fender tag and build sheet. Please help with some a body advice !! Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 534
Original
MSRP Low
Retail Average
Retail High
Retail
Base Price $2,703 $7,000 $12,500 $32,100
Options: (change)
340/275 HP 4bbl V8 Engine 20% 20% 20%
TOTAL PRICE: $2,703 $8,400 $15,000 $38,520

Such a huge difference between average and high, almost double in value ?

if it has a front bench seat and A/C I could offer as much as 6K ;)

This is from the 2014 collector car price guide from Krause publications.
# 1 condition - $16,600.00
#2 - $11,260.00
#3 - $7,470.00
#4 - $3,340.00
#5 - $1,992.00
#6 - $664.00

I wouldn't pay over $15,000.00

I don't think there are many if any $38,000 Dusters out there but it should be in the teens somewhere depending on how nice it is.

one blurry photo aint near enough for even a half of a guess.....:wack:

The bench auto on the colume is going to hurt, is say around 14 to 16k if the engine is all original and has the $$$ 340 parts. Then agane who knows I seen a #4'driver 71 340 demon 4 speed at mecam go to 25k no sale

I'll give you $50 for the paint off it.

First, is the car being sold by a dealer-flipper or an individual owner with ownership history documents? As we all know,Asking price is not sales price.

Also, from the fender tag info. posted the car appears to be very nicely equipped, from a high performance appearance point of view - factory hood pins, rear spoiler, dual color matched racing mirrors and it's a 4 speed car which adds to the overall value. It does look like in the resto. they did not follow all of the items on the fender tag as this is a STRIPE DELETE car (V68 on the fender tag).
http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=87

Here is a fairly reliable source that tracks actual sales prices from real sales:

http://collectorcarpricetracker.com...th/model/Duster/keywords/340/years/1971-1971/

Excellent - $21,355

Good - $13,037

Fair - $9,095

A 1971 Duster 340 4 speed, restored original equip. recently sold for $20K.

Also, try NadaGuides:

Low Retail - $8,400

Average Retail - $15,000

High Retail - $38,520

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/1971/Plymouth/Duster/2-Door-Coupe-340/Values

Bottom Line: The car is worth only what a buyer will pay...that said, the final price has to take into consideration many factors, including condition, originality, quality of parts and materials, documented ownership history.

I am actually headed out the door to go look at car now. I thank you all for taking the time to post, don't want to overpay. Averages seem pretty low on an optioned out car matching number and ralleye red with tag and sheet ....this economy is good for buyers I guess. Those are only pics I have of car sorry I will post more tonight

I am actually headed out the door to go look at car now. I thank you all for taking the time to post, don't want to overpay. Averages seem pretty low on an optioned out car matching number and ralleye red with tag and sheet ....this economy is good for buyers I guess. Those are only pics I have of car sorry I will post more tonight

I agree! Car looks pretty nice (above average) from the limited pictures. You'd be into a nice paint job in California for 15K if you sub out all the work.

I believe this is the 71 340 4spd Duster that sold for low? $20K's

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6783882&page=0&fpart=21&vc=1

That's a real sale. I believe it was on Ebay even.

-
Back