WIW 65 Dart 270 convertible

-

69hemibeep

Reaction score
I'm looking at it as a possible purchase sorry no pics. Sanded to metal, good straight metal absolutely no rot anywhere just surface rust as they gave up on the project and pushed it outside, so it would need media blasted. It is all there seat frames dried up dash and interior(Arizona). New top in box bumpers trim and grill inside car all appear to be nice. /6 auto on the tree p/s power brakes They say it was a runner when parked??????????????

“A runner when parked” is along the lines of “lady driven” or “never driven in the rain” or “mostly highway miles” since none of those statements can be proved!

Ask the seller what he would ask for it if it wasn’t a runner when parked or just discount the asking price by $500 yourself. That’s such a meaningless phrase. You’re buying the car as is which isn’t running now.

“A runner when parked” is along the lines of “lady driven” or “never driven in the rain” or “mostly highway miles” since none of those statements can be proved!

Ask the seller what he would ask for it if it wasn’t a runner when parked or just discount the asking price by $500 yourself. That’s such a meaningless phrase. You’re buying the car as is which isn’t running now.
He doesn't want to put the effort into proving it runs so I thought I'd start at $1500 and go from there. He did state his wife doesn't know about the car and I do know where he lives LOL

The seller of my 66 at least hooked up some jumper cables and trickled some gas down the carb so I knew it wasn't locked up.

I'd fire it up myself to see what the engine does. If he won't let you, I'd low ball it a bit to see what he might take. Rust free convertibles are not that easy to find. I looked for years before I got mine. If it's something you really want, I wouldn't pass it up if the price is in your range.

-
Back