WIW? 65 Valiant convert CL

-

EarlKann

Reaction score
Howdy folks. I am possibly interested in this 65 Valiant on the local CL. He just lowered the asking price from $8,800 to $5,900. I still think it's a little high since it needs a top, but would like some other opinions on value.

I have asked for more pictures, would like to see the engine compartment.

What's a top going to cost me, assuming having a shop do it all?

Thanks in advance for your input.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4195726455.html

00F0F_dhEWvX3h0D9_600x450.jpg

Yep, still kinda high, but it looks like a nice car! $4500 would be about the ballpark for it, and a top will cost you about $1000 installed, for a "top" quality unit!! Geof

Looks like a pretty good car depending on how it drives. Maybe a little high on the price. Are you over on sweptline.org?

Howdy folks. I am possibly interested in this 65 Valiant on the local CL. He just lowered the asking price from $8,800 to $5,900. I still think it's a little high since it needs a top, but would like some other opinions on value.

I have asked for more pictures, would like to see the engine compartment.

What's a top going to cost me, assuming having a shop do it all?

Thanks in advance for your input.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/4195726455.html

00F0F_dhEWvX3h0D9_600x450.jpg

Price depends on rust issues- location should help there and mechanicals- I paid $4500 about a year ago for a 65 with 4 speed 273 and a/c All original and redone interior like this one. Good driver with 150000 miles- but with rust that will have to be dealt with. I like this car and would be willing to pay $$ Get an estimeate for top job and offer at least that much less- I like the redone interior-

Looks like a Valiant Acapulco from Mexico with that grill but doesn't appear to have the right console. Looks nice though. Should be pretty dry if it's been in LA all this time.

all depends on the body. if its not rusty and has no plastic in it and everything else checks out ok then i don't think its a bad price. int looks to be done.

i would have to see it in person but i wouldn't be against paying $5900 for it.

the receipt i have for my mustangs top replacement is $1300

Appears to be a nice car, it has a Barracuda grill which I think looks great.
Other than the top ( yep figure about $1,000) the appearance of inside & outside look good.
Rust or body repairs if done poorly might not hold up well and then just stay away from it.
Plan on putting disc brakes on it which might mean you'll need new wheels & tires (need at least 14" wheels). And make sure the brake master cylinder is a dual reservoir unit and make sure the brake lines aren't 50 years old.
If it runs & drives good I'd say $5,000 wouldn't be out of line if it's as good in person.
Valiants are just a hard sell, his asking price is pretty high because he probably has a lot more into it (& you will too so just make sure it's worth it to you by enjoying it). Check it out and if you really like it make a fair offer.

-
Back