WIW - 66 Dart 4 door

-

burgmopar

Reaction score
Considering making an offer on this car, but I'm not real familiar with what to look out for on the Early A's...

Is this a Dart 170 or 270?

Good:
Car runs, drives and stops, Slant 6 w/ 3 on the tree.
Floor & Trunk pans good.
Trim appears to all be there.
Has Title.

Bad:
Rust in quarters and fenders behind wheelwells.
Bench seat is shot.

Any thoughts on price?

burg

66 Dart Front.jpg

66 Dart Interior.jpg

66 Dart Side.jpg

Interior looks pretty damn clean (except for seat) that dash looks great, as do the door panels. And all the trim is nice and shiny? I say go for it.

Considering making an offer on this car, but I'm not real familiar with what to look out for on the Early A's...

Is this a Dart 170 or 270?

Good:
Car runs, drives and stops, Slant 6 w/ 3 on the tree.
Floor & Trunk pans good.
Trim appears to all be there.
Has Title.

Bad:
Rust in quarters and fenders behind wheelwells.
Bench seat is shot.

Any thoughts on price?

burg

I'm guessing 170 due to the 270 having the dash trim (silver/black) goes all the way across to the pass door with a "270 Dart" emblem. The 170 did not, to my limited knowledge) I'm sure someone more in the know than me will help out too!

Sounds like typical condition. I haven't paid over $2250.00 for any of my 4 doors but they all needed fuel tank sending units (gas guages not working)
Both front and back glass usually needs pulling for reseal and rust repair.

All the bench seats need redone when you first get them!

Good Luck!8)

paid $1800. for my 63 4 door but that is here in the Northeast where survivors are rather scarce.

IMO, its worthless if its a 4 door. can't stand them myself, but again, thats just my opinion. I have a hard time visualizing a 4 door as a hot rod, but for some reason I CAN see them as a kustom or lowrider.

have to agree with optik, 4 doors have no value, sorry....
Dodge
ps good for parts maybe

I say 600 as a parts car.

I wish I could find a $600 4 door in this kind of shape for a parts car for the Wagon! If one turns up with a blue interior I would snap it up in no time, then listen to my wife scream after that.

Arm rests, steering wheel, door/kick panels, and dash pad can run you more than $600. Not to mention trim and body panels.

You can tell what it was originally by checking the VIN. An LL is a 170, a LH is a 270 and an LP is a GT. Here in San Diego, the car is $1000 tops. 4dr's are hard to sell. Now if it has disc brakes and an 8 3/4 in it, It may be worth twice that. It's kinda neat that it's a radio delete car. If you get it and decide to add a radio, save that panel. It's worth more than the factory radio panel.

I agree with the above comments, as a whole car a 4dr is practically worthless. They just don't have the demand to drive the price up, they are usually worth a lot more in parts than they are complete and considering the only body parts you can use on a 2dr is the front clip, there's not much to part out.

Just like any other car, offer what you feel comfortable paying but remember you will probably not get what you paid for it if you decide to sell it. I've paid as little as $50 and as high as $1500 for a 39,000 mile 67 Coronet 4dr but that was an exceptional car in perfect condition.

I wish I could find a $600 4 door in this kind of shape for a parts car for the Wagon! If one turns up with a blue interior I would snap it up in no time, then listen to my wife scream after that.

Arm rests, steering wheel, door/kick panels, and dash pad can run you more than $600. Not to mention trim and body panels.

Keep your eyes peeled and you will find one. I have watched for the last year and see 4 doors going from 300 to 650 in very good shape. As stated in parts they are worth more than whole.

-
Back