WIW 68 barracuda formula S 383 4-speed

-

mad-car-disease

Reaction score
WIW... what's today's valve on H-code 4 speed 391 gear cars. Needs to be restored

68 fastback. non motor but matching trany.

Fender tag and Galen report
68 dated engine but numbers transmission
correct 033 radiator
correct exhaust manifolds not on car yet
correct 893 oil pan
correct 4-speed linkage and Inland shifter
383 hood inserts
Bucket seat car non-console
light green car with dark green interior shown in last picture what it should look like . (currently orange/black)
comes with new seat kits and door panels.
4-way drum car.
car has 67 grilles but I have nice 68 grilles and header panel. and lots of other parts.

car starts and runs. needs exhaust.

Attachments

• 1952.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 1957.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 301
  • 1956.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 1958.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 307
  • ebay92437.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 304
You didn't mention rust....no rust?

$7-8000 maybe more, you didn't supply much info to go on. But it's a big block car so that is a bonus.

$7-8000 maybe more, you didn't supply much info to go on. But it's a big block car so that is a bonus.

no rust... but did have a small drivers floor patch. I think all the orange paint protected the metal....

I also have the rocker gills and spears in great shape.

I'd say 5 to 6 k. Remember, that car is thousands of hours, and thousands of dollars from that picture of the green car. It needs a complete restoration.

one way to figure feasibility as to cost of a project is, figure what it is actually worth restored to your requirements,.... and what it will cost you to get it t o that point, whether you do the work or pay someone. that just gives an idea as to whether to look for a "done" car or go the project route.

but, what a project will sell for really HAS nothing to do with finished value, costs of resto or anything really!

we buy projects or many reasons..... can't afford a done car, don't trust the work someone else did, or " dream chasing".. the later is why so many unfinished projects come up for sale!!?? many times, dreams never come true!??

I saw that black camaro stripe around the front and my first thought was, "What the ****!"

I paid $5000 for my 68 fastback with a 318 automatic, which I drove down to the bay area from around Eugene OR. Only ONE spot of rust about the size of a quarter in the right side rocker panel just behind the door, no trunk light bulb, needs paint, and a big block.

I don't give a damn about matching numbers because when I buy a car, I buy it to enjoy it. ALL the women in my life say that I paid too much for my Barracuda, but I feel that I got a very good deal. The ONLY people whose opinion that matters on this subject are my son and myself.

I've restored/owned bunches of 68-70 383 b bodies. had only 1 383 a body. I loved both the a and the b cars. they made what?? 90,000 383 roadrunners, and very small number of the 67-9 383 a bodies? its a matter of opinion which models are the "best", but I figure the price a 383 runner will bring would give us guys an indication of the value of the 67 383 a body.
I figure the best rule of thumb is own these old cars because we love them, put the $$ in them that we can afford and makes us happy?? lets face it, the old car hobby prices have been soft back before the economy fell in '08.

its way easier to buy an old mopar than it is to sell one!! ha

that's a big no way , too much.
I recently sold the white on white all #s , 2 b sheets, w/ optional red fender liners.
its worth 3,500

I recently sold the white on white all #s , 2 b sheets, w/ optional red fender liners.
its worth 3,500

A rust free 68? Big Block 4 spd?

Edit, just found it. But I still think a running driving "needs exhaust" car is worth way more than $3500. I can't say I've seen them kicking around here for that, or just kicking around at all.

its worth 3,500

I said 3 to 4k earlier, but with having the air cleaner I will increase it to $3,500 to $4,500. The clean body is a plus, but the engine drops the price.

Last fall I bought a 383 auto car missing the transmission for $2,500. It has rust, but the floors and frames are nicer than my 06 Sebring.

Five years ago, I bought a 383 4 speed car. The same as the OP's car including color, but it has bench seats and it didn't come with spears and gills. It also has the original engine and transmission and broadcast sheet with no fender tag. I got it for $3000. This one also has some rust, but nothing major.

Craig

its worth 3,500

I remember that car. Can't remember what it sold for but I thought it sold way to cheep. My friend just sold a gold 383 auto car non numbers and non running needing resto for 7k.

I saw that black camaro stripe around the front and my first thought was, "What the ****!"

I paid $5000 for my 68 fastback with a 318 automatic, which I drove down to the bay area from around Eugene OR. Only ONE spot of rust about the size of a quarter in the right side rocker panel just behind the door, no trunk light bulb, needs paint, and a big block.

I don't give a damn about matching numbers because when I buy a car, I buy it to enjoy it. ALL the women in my life say that I paid too much for my Barracuda, but I feel that I got a very good deal. The ONLY people whose opinion that matters on this subject are my son and myself.

lol... I do not claim the black strip job. it will be gone soon.

I'll jump in and say George is right with the 7-8 grand as it is with what you have for it.
No rust? Big block 4 speed car? Runs and drives? The manifolds and hard to find parts included?
Even if it needs a full resto from where it's at, it's still a bargain at that price.
Where do you find them in this condition that's a good resto candidate?
And this one is........
Sadly, a lot of cars just like this were parted out in the '80s because of how it looks now.
A lot of people fix up rusty crap that's the same as this car is, only rusty and pay a fortune to find the correct parts, and do hours of rust repair.
They think it's a great deal at $2500 and when they do all of the work and try to find parts, well, it isn't after all in the grand scheme of things.
If you can do a lot of the work yourself, you would be ahead of the game by a lot, but if you have to contract everything out, it would be easy to be into it for 60 grand for a very nice resto.
Would you be buying it to keep it as a labor of love, or fixing it up to make a few bucks?
If you are going to restore it and sell it, you'll probably lose money in the long run.
Keep that in mind..........

$7-10k. Very very hard to find here. Finished that is a $20-25k car here.
I know of a 67 big block 4spd fastback up here that needs resto but #'s match its $10k
It can be all in the timing too.....right place right time.

-
Back