WIW? '70 Dart, 318, auto, 8 3/4 rear factory color is Banana

-

Alaskan_TA

Reaction score
1970 Dart hardtop, Factory Banana paint, black vinyl top in excellent condition, tan interior, 318 auto on column, 8 3/4 rear end, manual drum brakes.

All original sheet metal with the trunk floor intact, ALL of it. Frame looks awesome. A few paint / rust bubbles on passenger fender dog leg & behind the rear wheel on the same side, so it will need patches there but not right away.

Factory body side moldings & wheel covers intact & in great shape.

124,000 miles. Mostly all original, some small engine bay stuff & the radiator have been replaced.

Interior - Dash pad has a crack, one missing seat latch cover, headliner has a couple small tears & it could use a new driver's side armrest. Carpet faded but intact, same for the seats with no rips or tears.

Numbers match up top, fender tag present & there is a matching broadcast sheet still in the front seat springs. I can check the engine & transmission numbers in the morning.

Engine bay paint still original. Body & trunk have been repainted in yellow, but a few shades brighter than original.

All electrical items / switches work.

The only modification I saw was a conversion to dual exhaust which sounds awesome. Car started right up, ran a little rough for a couple minutes then it idled very smoothly. I did not drive it yet, but shifts with the car in place were firm into drive & reverse.

Very clean overall, needs a major detailing for starters. It could be daily driven as-is for a long time with no cosmetic work needed right away.

No pictures yet, but I can get some tomorrow. So based on the above information, what would be a fair price for me to pay?

In Texas I think the car could bring $7,500. Maybe more if you posted some pictures. If the car is in Alaska i'm sure it would be worth more. If you are looking to buy it why not post the asking price?

Pic. 1

Attachments

• dartcap.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 274
The green in the grille is actually algae, this poor thing has been a languishing lot queen for over two years.

Attachments

• lot queen.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 285
A second matching broadcast sheet in the back seat.

Attachments

• bc2.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 302
It is in the garage now, here is the rest of the story.....

The salesman at the dealer (used cars) mentioned to my brother yesterday that they lowered the price on it to 'dump' it. The lot owner left town for a month with instructions to have it off the lot before he returned.

When they first got it about 2 years ago, they were asking 10K. That dropped to 8K last year.

It dropped to $2500.00 yesterday & my brother did not have the money, so he called me. I went & looked at it & left a deposit so they would hold it for me.

I just could not say no & yellow is my least favorite color.

There are deals to be had like that in Alaska, but not Ontario??? Jeez, I'd give my left nut, several pints of blood, and other unmentionable things for a deal like that! Kudos to you sir!!!

Id say well worth the $2500. I have been considering a rust free 73 slant 2 door dart locally for $1800 w the intents of making it look like a 70 and V-8 it

I spent a lot of time with it yesterday. The engine & transmission are the originals.

The drivers side fender & lower radiator support are from a dark burnt orange car. The front valance has an old stock part number on the back side, so at some point the car was in a fender bender.

The rear carpet was soaking wet behind the drivers seat, so I took the carpet & pad out to soak them in warm soapy water overnight, they are drying out now. There were a few misc. leftover fasteners & a 1969 penny under it.

I have also heard of broadcast sheets being found attached to steering columns in the past, but this is the first time I have seen any evidence of it myself. The top of it was taped to the column wiring.

Attachments

• column bc.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 186
Original trunk floor after a vacuum & quick wash;

Attachments

• ddd.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 196
It will not be going anywhere for a while. I just bought a car in December & it was across the country & has not been delivered just yet. It took almost everything I had financially to get it.

This one was too good to pass up, so with the WIW I just needed some reassurance because it was too soon after buying the last one. I was up late Friday night rolling up loose change from the jar in the house & the truck console, but I made it. :)

-
Back