WIW All Original 74 Duster 360 4 Speed Car?

-
Totally agree. The car has had allot of new stuff put on it already. Wear type items plus it has power steering, power front disc's and the big bolt pattern instead of small as mentioned earlier also. All positives. Thinking of nudging my offer up a bit. I do love that color and the 360 Police motor is every bit as quick as any of my Cuda 340's have been.

OK it was all good til your last sentence..... I owned one with 50k on the odometer..... Take it for what it's worth but it is a pig plain and simple in stock form.... In fact, I could not get the motor out of the car quick enough. My view is not of some statistic read on the internet but real seat time. Maybe mid 15's at best....

Good luck,
JW

I also would think the motor has a lot of life left in it. If you where to buy a project car and bring it to like new condition it would make this car look like a steal. I would feel real good if I could get it for $18,000. There are a lot of half way resto's out there that people are asking a lot more than this car. I seen this car before and I have always thought this would be a good car to drive and enjoy. Good Luck!

Having seen the car before as well, do you think it a bit odd that the stripes on it had no cracking. They are supposed to be the originals but the originals on my maroon car I had 5-6 years ago had the same original stripes, same color even, and they were cracked in quite a few places due to age. This car also is supposed to have about 95% of it's original paint still intact. Thanks. I would like to do a compression check on that motor.

4 spd A/C car ! May not be worth $20k now but I bet it`s gonna be worth a lot more down the road!

I hope you're right and me not so much. I kept the Air Cleaner off mine and is in mint shape.... I know they are particular to the car and someone down the road will pony up for it....

Oh it was mentioned about the Graphics cracking. If kept out of UV light it is possible that they are in good shape. Try to find out if the car was kept under a cover in the garage or wherever it was stored....

Good luck,
JW

JW

Totally agree. The car has had allot of new stuff put on it already. Wear type items plus it has power steering, power front disc's and the big bolt pattern instead of small as mentioned earlier also. All positives. Thinking of nudging my offer up a bit. I do love that color and the 360 Police motor is every bit as quick as any of my Cuda 340's have been.

Guess you had some slowass 340 cudas..

NO. That 360 Duster had some better flowing heads and a slightly bigger than stock cam added. It would do low 14's at the pure stock drags. My 340 Cudas were in stock form, ran close to the same. My point is with enough changes and money you can make em go faster. They aren't turtles by any means.

NO. That 360 Duster had some better flowing heads and a slightly bigger than stock cam added. It would do low 14's at the pure stock drags. My 340 Cudas were in stock form, ran close to the same. My point is with enough changes and money you can make em go faster. They aren't turtles by any means.

14's:lol::lol:..

Maybe the stripe on this car was added at a later date? I would think it should have a 360 decal on the quarter panel. I can see a chrome 360 emblem on the front fender, I think that would be correct for a stripe delete car.

Maybe the stripe on this car was added at a later date? I would think it should have a 360 decal on the quarter panel. I can see a chrome 360 emblem on the front fender, I think that would be correct for a stripe delete car.

Mine did not have the 360 graphics either.... In fact, there was nothing to indicate the 360 option other than the Dual Exhaust which did not have tips by the way... My car was untouched until I got my hands on it lol....

JW

I am bored and will bite. Those 2 changes make it anything but Pure Stock.... Back to what I originally stated. In stock form the car is a Pig. If it runs low 14's then it is not stock. If you can take a picture of the front of the heads post one...

However after doing some thinking about it and IF and only IF the body is untouched and not flawed I could see why the guy is holding out for that price. You seem to like the car and they Minimum Wage just got increased so do what I did and get a PT job at Mcdonalds to feed the beast lol....

JW

As my old 360 Duster, there is a 360 emblem below the Duster emblem on the front fenders. Non on the rear quarter.

The rules on the stock drags I am speaking of that my old cars previous owner ran in had stock appearing criteria. You could work the drive train. My bad. Not a good comparison. That motor wasn't in stock form. My 340 Cuda is.

There are too many differences in ability in terms of tuning and driving to make any real comparisons in of stock cars driven by different people. I'd wager the same driver on the same track with the same tuner will get similar performance from both cars when optioned identically. 340 wasn't all that great, and 360 isn't all that bad.
In terms of value - I like the car, it's "had work done" but is a great piece to have and drive with a ton of potential. I don't feel it's a $20K car, but if YOU think it's 20, or 25, or 15, that's fine. As a buyer you have to value it on what the market might support, and what you will get out of it. I place a high value on enjoyment, but you have two other cars you also enjoy so that value is at best 1/3 of what it could be... The fact it has not sold in years since the new owner bought it tells me they are far enough above market that he's out of touch and holding to hope and dollars. He bought it for income. You will never win out over a seller that's only doing it for money unless you put no value to spending it. It's your money. If it's worth it to you buy it and go enjoy it.

I agree Moper. I think buying the car and enjoying for a few years is a good plan without concern over whether the value of the car goes up or down in that time.

the car isn't that far from me. I drove by it several times on my way to Dubuque and I stopped to look at it once, just to gawk.

--
I don't think it's a 20,000 car to me ? _ _ _ _ _ _ I'd say 10-15 depending on how bad you want it and how bad seller wants to sell ? --
-- I agree - $20K will get You a real nice, more sought after, A-Body.

What is your opinion of the car?
Very nice car. He has been trying to sell it now for over 2 years. It's in Galena, and Galena is a tourist trap bringing in about all of Chicago (lol). No takers over that span. A lot of money, but that is nothing for some people if they wanted it. I couldn't open up your attachments to be 100% sure it is the same car.
IF I remember correctly....
it's been touched up a little. You can find a flaw here and there, but a very nice car. I think 20k is over priced (I don't have 20k to drop on a toy anyways :D). However, the car sits along highway 20 (a major highway with tons of traffic non-stop) and no takers yet.
Personally, I think he is going to have to go below 15k to sell it, just my personal opinion. However, if a person was looking for a factory 360 4 speed car, they are not easy to find and you'd be hard pressed to find one in this condition. If a person isn't interested in selling, only owning, then they could make a close offer and feel good about a nice car.

"If a person isn't interested in selling, only owning, then they could make a close offer and feel good about a nice car".

I definitely agree with you and it applies to this car today.

"If a person isn't interested in selling, only owning, then they could make a close offer and feel good about a nice car".

I definitely agree with you and it applies to this car today.
I might also add, if a person enjoys it for 5 years, had fun, and then sold it for 75%-80% of investment, that's not bad either. Per say, 5 years of fun is definitely worth something. And on this car, value should be increasing over the next 5 years given it stays as nice as it is..... just say'n

I actually last saw the car when the previous owner had it for sale for quite some time. I don't believe the owner today has had it longer than 3 or 4 years. When I saw the car around 5 years ago or so it had a mid 20K price tag.

I actually last saw the car when the previous owner had it for sale for quite some time. I don't believe the owner today has had it longer than 3 or 4 years. When I saw the car around 5 years ago or so it had a mid 20K price tag.

Mid $20k..:rofl::rofl::rofl:..don't care if it were made of gold they AREN'T worth that and never will be..

Mid $20k..:rofl::rofl::rofl:..don't care if it were made of gold they AREN'T worth that and never will be..
70 duster 340 4 spd cars were never worth 20 k along time ago too. You used to be able to buy them just about anywhere for $500.

Times have changed. Like it or not, or in your case - believe it or not, Later generation cars are drawing more and more attention and commanding higher dollars than they used to, just like the ever so sought after 69-71 cars that some people believe are the only cars worth anything.

TimS, 74 360's are the best. Electronic ignition, Bigger spindles with Disc Brakes, Factory big bolt pattern, Factory front sway bar, Biggest thermoquad put on a Duster. That's just to name a few. With 3.55's car could run a 14 sec. quarter mile-stock- Old Car Trader says in #1 condition 22,000. Like someone else said, a lot of these guys don't know the value of such a rare car. Last year at Barrett Jackson a slat six Duster in pink sold for more that 27,000. Super Rare-Super Cool!

-
Back