WIW All Original 74 Duster 360 4 Speed Car?

-
Now its 2020 and from what I see in two pics, thats a 20k car! Looks like it needs nothing! Great color, 4 speed, and ready to drive. Look at the cars out there now! Scary! Hindsight is truly 20/20.

Now its 2020 and from what I see in two pics, thats a 20k car! Looks like it needs nothing! Great color, 4 speed, and ready to drive. Look at the cars out there now! Scary! Hindsight is truly 20/20.

I would definitely agree today. I'm out searching for a nice original Duster or A body Barracuda 4 speed right now. If this were still available, I would have it in my garage for $20K. With the crazy prices I've seen, might be 25K.

I would definitely agree today. I'm out searching for a nice original Duster or A body Barracuda 4 speed right now. If this were still available, I would have it in my garage for $20K. With the crazy prices I've seen, might be 25K.

Oh so that one sold? My advice to you is, if you find another one in similar condition at a similar price and if you like it, buy it! They aren't makin anymore of um and they are super cool. I mean no disrespect when I say this......but who gives a FIG what some forum on the internet thinks? If YOU like it and it's what YOU want, buy it. They don't come around like that very often.

Im no sure wher you are coming from!!! I merely saw the car on facebook and made a comment that I should have called. No one influenced my not calling! I didnt call because although it was a good deal, it was not something I really wanted to add to my collection and didn't feel like taking the time to flip it. I like a ot of cars that I wouldn't buy! So FYI, I was commenting on what another person said. Here is the Duster I gave my son for graduation. One owner, 29k mile, 4 speed.

View attachment 1715644126

View attachment 1715644130

Since I wasn't responding to you, I can understand you not knowing "where I was coming from".

Thanks everyone for your input concerning the 74 360 Duster buy. I'm finally ready to put this thing to bed and just move on to something else. My personal belief is that the car is worth in the 16.5K range and just can't see myself offering any more than I already have for it.
This is a test!!

Maybe TX9 73 has TimS blocked or on ignore so he can't see that Rusty quoted him?

I've never used the ignore feature so I'm just guessing that it would appear like Rusty was replying to TX9 73 since his post is just above TimS's post that Rusty quoted.

Just a thought.

Maybe TX9 73 has TimS blocked or on ignore so he can't see that Rusty quoted him?

I've never used the ignore feature so I'm just guessing that it would appear like Rusty was replying to TX9 73 since his post is just above TimS's post that Rusty quoted.

Just a thought.

I replied to TimS. It's plain as day. Say so right in the post.

I replied to TimS. It's plain as day. Say so right in the post.

Right, but if he blocked TimS would your quote of TimS's message show up in your post? If it doesn't, and TimS's message above yours isn't there either, then it would appear to TX9 73 as if you were responding directly to him when you weren't.

I don't know how the "ignore" feature works, I am just guessing that both a post and a quote from the individual would not be visible to the one who put him on ignore.

Right, but if he blocked TimS would your quote of TimS's message show up in your post? If it doesn't, and TimS's message above yours isn't there either, then it would appear to TX9 73 as if you were responding directly to him when you weren't.

I don't know how the "ignore" feature works, I am just guessing that both a post and a quote from the individual would not be visible to the one who put him on ignore.

All I can say is, whenever I reply to someone, I try to ALWAYS use the reply feature. Like I am now to you. so had I been replying to him, he'd known it. It's no big deal really, but he was trying to crawl me on the carpet for something I didn't do.....to him or TimS. My reply to Tim was actually a question followed by some friendly advice. Yet here I am explaining "myself".

All I can say is, whenever I reply to someone, I try to ALWAYS use the reply feature. Like I am now to you. so had I been replying to him, he'd known it. It's no big deal really, but he was trying to crawl me on the carpet for something I didn't do.....to him or TimS. My reply to Tim was actually a question followed by some friendly advice. Yet here I am explaining "myself".

I agree, don't see that you did anything wrong.

Really just asking to see if it clarifies for me where things went off the rails. He makes it sound like you should have quoted TimS, which you obviously did, and then quoted someone to show how to do it. Only rational explanation I can think of is he can't see your quote of TimS's post, so I wondered if it was how the "ignore" feature worked.

Wasn't trying to defend anyone, or even correct anyone. I don't use the "ignore" feature, never have, so I wondered if that was how it worked.

No reason to respond further.

If I was going to "over pay" for one, it would be a 4 speed 360 like that one. If it runs strong and is as nice as it looks in the pics and really liked it I would hook it up. Look at the crap out here that has been dragged out of the woods and rebuilt and what they ask for those. Hard to find a piece like that. I learned to drive a 4 speed on a 340 Duster and it was that color with a black 340 stripe. I like it!!!

The 1974, 4 speed 360 Duster was the best Duster ever built! It came with so much, big bolt pattern wheels and a revised front suspension with factory sway bar, factory disc brakes, electronic ignition, factory hurst shifter, big thermoquad, more safety equipment- steel beams inside the doors- real seat belts. People reported running 13 second in the quarter doing almost nothing to the car. Car Craft tested one such Duster back in the day.

-
Back