WIW Mac Tools & Toolbox

-

BDR67CUDA

Reaction score
So I met this young guy who was going to school and bought a bunch of tools and has since changed his mind on majors and is now trying to sell them to me. All the tools are Mac brand and the toolbox is an 11 drawer Mac Tech Series base. Everything is brand new or very slightly used. I Was wondering what eveyone thinks these are worth. My dad, brother and I just built a new shop and I was planning on buying a nice new toolbox and complete set of tools so I thought these may be a good start. Well anyways enough of my rambling here is a list of what he has:

Mac Tech Series 11 drawer toolbox base
Complete full sets of shallow & deepwell sockets for 1/4, 3/8 & 1/2
Complete full sets of shallow & deepwell impact sockets for 3/8 & 1/2
1 each of 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 ratchets plus a breaker bar
Full set of torx
Set of 4 pry bars plus a big boy bar
Screw driver set
Pliers set
C clip pliers set
3 hammers & mallet
2 torque wrenches
19 piece Punch and chisel set
Power Probe solder kit
DVOM

Here are a few pictures he sent me

Attachments

• Toolbox.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4,222
  • Tools 1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 948
  • Tools 2.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1,374
  • Tools 3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Tools 4.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 813
  • Tools 5.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,208
  • Tools 6.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 838
  • Tools 7.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,060
Looks like a great start to me. Those look brand new and they aren't cheap. I agree, make sure they're paid for. It's definitely a great start if it's the right price.

He's got $3000-4000 in it with his student discount. tmm

$3k sounds right. I sold a similar setup, but all Snap-on for $5.5k in a Full chest. The thing with mac and Snap on is if you see the truck, they will fix/repair/replace whatever tool you broke for free. You can probably find a truck hanging out next to a taco truck in any industrial area. I would easily give him close to what he paid for for it. That price though is up to you.

Thanks for all the replies everyone, glad to see tmm chimed in since he sells them. I think I am going to let the deal go he wants too much for them which is what I thought to begin with but thought I would get everyone's opions.

He's got $3000-4000 in it with his student discount. tmm

Hey tmm what does one of the 11 drawer tech series bases bring new? Reason I ask is I don't know of any Mac dealers in the area right now, last guy that was doing it in my area is gone and no one has take his place yet that I know of so no Mac dealer here for a while now.

I had a Mac box somewhat like that that I bought new when they had a promotion for $1800. This was mid to late 90's. I think it was a Tech 1000 at the time. Prices have only gone up. Student discount is usually 50% at the end of the year, so I believe he has in what he says he has. It would be a good deal, no question. You can't buy those tools, and they are quality tools, at that price anywhere. I would snap it up.

Hey tmm what does one of the 11 drawer tech series bases bring new? Reason I ask is I don't know of any Mac dealers in the area right now, last guy that was doing it in my area is gone and no one has take his place yet that I know of so no Mac dealer here for a while now.

List price on a Tech 1000 is about $4500. Tech school discount is a corpoorate sponsored program and the students get 1/2 off list. I don't even buy that cheap. (wish I could) tmm

Well thanks everyone for the responses. I told him I wasn't interested he was priced too high and the next day he got a hold of me and drastically dropped his price so today I went and got my new tools! About 90% of the tools in that box have never been used. The box and the tools are only several months old. Plus as an added bonus there were some extra tools and a couple tool sets that he never mentioned that he let go with the deal....bonus!!

Oh, I checked with Mac and the tools were paid for, no leans.

Attachments

• Toolbox Home.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 686
Yeah this kid that had these tools was supposed to be going to Vatterot down in des moines. I guess the school supplies all of them with one of these boxes and tools and the priceof all of it is added into their tuition.

-
Back