WIW with a lot of extenuating circumstances.

-

YY1

Reaction score
A "car guy" that rents a shop from me told me he's looking at a 72 (he called it a Duster but it's a) Scamp or Valiant.

He said it was a slant six car with AC and a "nice" interior with good floorboards.

He showed me 2 pictures and it's definitely a 72 and appears to "only" have rust in the quarters behind the rear wheels.

I asked about over the top of the wheels and he said it was good there (he does amateur body work and is working on a 64 352 galaxie).

It looks like it's in primer though or is a chalky white or tan car. I asked if the interior was green and he said no but didn't say what color it was.

He says it starts right up.

Here's the kicker- the asking price for him is $1100.

I told him if he bought it and I liked it, I'd double his money and he seemed interested.

I also think that car might bring $3,500 (or more) if the body really is as solid as it looks.

What do you guys think?

Also- do the Duster rear patch panels work on "23" body cars?

Check the frame rails, and floor boards with a pick/screwdriver. Solid metal and complete interior with a running motor makes it a deal if you ask me.

A "car guy" that rents a shop from me told me he's looking at a 72 (he called it a Duster but it's a) Scamp or Valiant.

He said it was a slant six car with AC and a "nice" interior with good floorboards.

He showed me 2 pictures and it's definitely a 72 and appears to "only" have rust in the quarters behind the rear wheels.

I asked about over the top of the wheels and he said it was good there (he does amateur body work and is working on a 64 352 galaxie).

It looks like it's in primer though or is a chalky white or tan car. I asked if the interior was green and he said no but didn't say what color it was.

He says it starts right up.

Here's the kicker- the asking price for him is $1100.

I told him if he bought it and I liked it, I'd double his money and he seemed interested.

I also think that car might bring $3,500 (or more) if the body really is as solid as it looks.

What do you guys think?

Also- do the Duster rear patch panels work on "23" body cars?
No 23 - Valiant / Scamp are flat sided 29 - Duster / Demon are bulged out and the wheel openings are different

No 23 - Valiant / Scamp are flat sided 29 - Duster / Demon are bulged out and the wheel openings are different

I showed him a picture of a Demon I had hanging on my wall and told him Dusters had roof lines and rear wheel openings like that.

So you're saying that commonly available patch panel won't work?

Just buy a patch panel for a Dart Swinger.
They are as readily available as a Duster one.
A Scamp is just a Dart body with the Plymouth front clip.

I guess I was unaware that different patch panels were available.

-
Back