Wolf creek pass

-

jaws

I put the fun in dysfunctional
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Cortez CO. Just some pics of the pass. First pic is a couple of big horn sheep. Next are close to the summit. Last two are of a avalanche tunnel.

Attachments

• IMG_0297.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_0298.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0299.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0300.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0301.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0302.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0303.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_0304.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 218
Yep drivin a Mack, dropped a load of Liquid Nitrogen at our Helium recovery plant.

BREAKER< BREAKER 19, You got a COPY!!

Wolf creek pass truck'n on down the other side.......

C. W. MaCall

Pagosa Springs here we Come..........

Treblig

Ya, the uphill side of 37 miles of hell called wolf creek pass.:D My, aint this purty up here.

Me an' Earl was haulin' chickens on a flatbed out of Wiggins, and we'd spent all night on the uphill side of thirty-seven miles of hell called Wolf Creek Pass. Which is up on the Great Divide?

sorry could resist, I like that song....

I see the rocks on the highway in one of those pics. They make a regular habit of tumbling down the mountain.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHb_0Lhegig"]CW McCall - Wolf Creek Pass - YouTube[/ame]

My wife and I a long time ago was coming south on that road in a piece of crap Ryder truck with a car on a Dolley behind it. Brakes were crap as well. got to the horseshoe turn that is just south of the showshed, man it was hairy! Made it alive, obviously!

Went thru there years ago on a bike ride....beautiful area...

Thanks for the pics!

I drove through there in 1993 when I was in the Air Force and transferring from Del Rio, TX to Lewiston, ID. Had my wife and 2 kids in the front of a 24 foot U-haul and towing our Isuzu Trooper. On up through Moab. Great trip!!

Runnin a rig they call the Nitro Express?
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3x5IxrBfX4"]Red Simpson - Nitro Express - YouTube[/ame]

-
Back