Women

-
My wife and I have been married for 30 years this coming February. I tried something at the very beginning that seems to have worked, and I have since wondered why other men have not tried this. Immediately following our wedding, I looked her in the eye, stomped my foot down, and with the sternest look I could muster said " Get this and get it straight! From here on out, YOU'RE the boss!". 30 years, still working!
You are right the money on with that! "Happy Wife, Happy Life" is the motto I have followed. I will be Celebrating 25 year of marriage to My MOPAR loving Wife, Mary in February as well. Both our second marriages and very fortunate to have found each other. Happy New Year to You! ~ jim (a.k.a.Madhatter)

Good advice at 3:33 in this one, but watch the whole thing to get the full story...

My wife and I have been married for 30 years this coming February. I tried something at the very beginning that seems to have worked, and I have since wondered why other men have not tried this. Immediately following our wedding, I looked her in the eye, stomped my foot down, and with the sternest look I could muster said " Get this and get it straight! From here on out, YOU'RE the boss!". 30 years, still working!
Congratulations...we're at 47 years and I learned to say "Yes Dear". It works too.lol
Seriously though..people have to learn that marriage is a 50/50 deal and there is NO BOSS. (well, maybe the Mother-in-Law lol) Marriage is a partnership not a dictatorship. We hardly have any arguments but if we do we don't let the sun go down on it. Be man enough to say I was wrong or whatever. Humour is always a good tool so don't take life so serious.

You are right the money on with that! "Happy Wife, Happy Life" is the motto I have followed. I will be Celebrating 25 year of marriage to My MOPAR loving Wife, Mary in February as well. Both our second marriages and very fortunate to have found each other. Happy New Year to You! ~ jim (a.k.a.Madhatter)
Congrats to you as well Jim and Happy New Year to you and your family ..Mark

Congrats to you as well Jim and Happy New Year to you and your family ..Mark
Happy New Year to You and Yours, Mark! Thank You. -Jim

Been single for 16 years I forgot what it's like to get in an argument.

The problem I ran into is nothing that was being argued about would ever get resolved. More or less agreed to disagree. It made it so every argument was worse than the last. I would bring up problem A and she would bring up problem B,C,D,etc.
That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did...
You deserved it.
And if you're upset...
I'm sorry you feel that way.

We lasted 7/12-9/19

-
Back