Won another car audio system, what to get?

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is my 2nd award for car audio. I got a nice Pioneer system last time for my Dart. I’m going to get another system for my project truck. As before, I’m limited to the choices and even more this time. The only brands available this time are Dual, Supersonic, Boss or Pyle for the head unit. Not a lot of choices but, it all is going under the seat or in the dash anyway. Speakers/amps I have more choices. What do ya think? If they are all bad then I do have some non-automotive stuff to choose from. Craig

I think the higher quality one would be Boss. I mean if it's free might as well go with the best.

Definitely Bose, I wouldn't put dual on my lawn mower. Well, maybe the lawn mower lol

In all honesty I wouldn't spend cash on either of the brands listed. But since its free it would be either BOSS of Pyle. Pyle used to be quality audio before they sold out to the Chinese. Boss is just another cheap alternative. Dual is out completely!!

I know have the Pioneer SuperTuner with the HD reciever. Very nice head unit but can be complicated to control for the novice audiophile. Kenwood is my top choice! To each their own I suppose but I prefer the Old School U.S.A. built stuff. The original punch series amps and speakers, not the HD crap!

I'm still rocking old school MTX ProThunder amps and Memphis 12" subs with Infinity Kappa seperates in my 97 Avalon. This equipment is better than 20 years old without a glitch.

You can still find these USA products on ebay. Some not working but are cheap to get repaired and a lifetime of enjoyment. I have several trophies for SQ and SPL from back in the late 80's early 90's when USA built car audio was flooding the market. Most sold out to the Chinese and are no longer quality products!!

A small list of what I used during my days dabbling in premium car audio,

Kicker (first choice in speakers)
Fosgate
MTX
M&M Godfather
PPI
Orion
Soundstream
Autotech Pro Series
Crunch
Hifonics
Linear Power (first choice in amps)

Here is a link to "OLD SCHOOL" power!!!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...0.TRC0.Xold+school&_nkw=old+school&_sacat=293

Most of my trophy winning stuff was Kicker Comp series seperates and woofers (4 tweeters, 4-6" mids and 4-12" subs in a sealed enclosure in my 84 Daytona Z) with the Original Punch 150, Punch 75 and Punch 45 amplifiers and the Fosgate epicenter. Those 4 12's produced 128db's in that little hatchback!! Hells Bells never sounded soooooo good!!!

Broke the rear hatch glass twice and cracked the hatch hinges twice!

My SRT has the Kicker 13 speaker 600+ watt factory system in it. Has the factory 10" square solobaric sub in the trunk. Could use a bit more power for the sub but for a factory sound system its not to shabby! First car I didn't have to change the audio in :). Absolutely love the 20gig harddrive MyGig head unit. With the Lockpick I can use the front DVD display in addition to the rear VES, 2 screens with Dolby 5.1 surround sounds better than most theaters lol... Not to mention the NAV in motion! Would be cool if you could install a setup like this in your ride!!

I'd check out the other automotive option they gave you. I don't think you would be happy with any of the listed choices.

-
Back