Wondering About A Fare Asking Price....

-

WONTGETDUSTED

CRACKED-OUT MOPAR TECH JUNKY
Reaction score
Ok I'm Thinking Of Selling My 72 Duster.i Was Trying To Gauge A Fare Asking Price. Here's The Deal On The Car
72 Ply Gold Duster Was A Ps/mb/ac 318 Auto 7 1/4 Car
Car Needs Resto And Paint
Needs All 4 Floor Pans ,
Trunk Pan Sail Panels And The Left Rear Needs A Lower Qtr Panel Patch.passenger Door Has Been Replaced Its Rough But I Have A Good Replacement, Tail Panel Had Some Rust But I Got Another And Had It Patched
Frame Rails And The Rest Of The Body Is Solid And Pretty Stright
It Was Originally And Bench Seat Car But I Have 73' Buckets That Are Is Recoverable Shape With Good Foam(they Have Been Sitting Around In The Shed Since '96)
I Already Have A Cleaned And Painted Set Of Stock Leaf Springs And 8 3/4 Housing With A 3.23 One Legger Bolted In With Modifed Jeep Grand Cherokee Rear Disc Brakes(will Need Bp Axles)has Sbp Now
The Front K-frame(and Most Other Front End Stuff) Has Been Blasted And Painted And The Front Lower Control Arms Have The Factory Sway Bar Tabs And The 73 And Up Front Disc Brake Swap Has Been Done.
Also I Have Blasted The Entire Under Hood Area And Welded Up Some Holes That Were Unnessasary And It Has Been Shot In Sealer /primer

I Plan To Include The '70 New Yorker With A Good Running 440/727(drivetrain Donor) With The Car
I Also Have The Following
Schmaker Bb Adapter Mounts
B-body Hipo Manifolds
Factory 340/727 Driveshaft
2 Underhood Harnesses
3 Dash Harnesses
2 Xtra Complete Dashes One With Wood Grain One Not
1 A/c Box
A New Windsheild
Power Brake Booster And Mounting Bracket
Polished Taillights
Cracked But Repairable Sharktooth Grill
New Front Calipers & Hoses
The 15 Aluminum Riveted/no Hole Wheels Everybody Seems To Run On Dusters
Also A Bare Center Console

So Based On The Pics And The Parts I Have Listed What Do You Guys Think I Should Ask Or Accept...also The Car Is Currently A Roller

100_0006.jpg

Ok Will Some Body Please Help Me Upload The Pics It Says File To Big

You can go to photobucket and resize your pics to post here. Why are you selling in the middle of the project? You may be better off making it at least a driver. JMO, Mike

My Father Recently Had A Stroke And Is Now Living With Me So My Money And My Time Are Been Invested In Him. He Is The Only Relative I Have Left And I Would Much Rather Have Him Than The Car. Besides I Hate Knowing The Car Is Just Sitting There Waiting...it's Been Sitting Since '96 As It Is... And I Have No Idea How Things Will Turn Out With My Dad....maybe He Will Recover Well With In A Year Or Maybe He Wont. If The Ladder Is What Happens Again The Car May Have To Wait It's Turn Again, Plus I Was Hoping To Buy A Older Dodge Truck To Start A Part Time Mobile Sandblasting Business But At The Moment I Am Stuck In A "hurry Up And Wait Type Situation" Moneywise And There Is The Question Of My Dads Bills And Finaces And Since His Stroke He Is Unable To Speak,so I Have Plenty To Figure Out Since All We Really Have To Look Foward To In Life Taxes,bills, And Death......

Ok You Guys I'm Finished! I Need To Get Out Of The Car Thing....what Should I Ask For This Stuff?

is the 8.75 and k frame off of the car? if so are you selling that seperate?

Jason

you might make more off it if you part it out....too bad about the fam, but cars always are second to family

As others have said, it's all worth more seperately but if you don't have the time or energy to sell seperatedly and just want to unload it all at once, I'd say it's worth about $1500. If someone shows up with $1000, take it and run and don't look back.

This is just my opinion. I wanted to give you at least one. :)

Where did I get this number from? If I cut your cars up the parts would about equal a parts deal I bought last year, which cost me $1500 and I got more than what you're offering. I got a small bolt 8 3/4" rear, doors, engines, glass, body panels, brakes...everything from 3 Darts.

Good luck buddy.

If you can take the time to part it out, DO SO!!!

If you sell it complete, you'll take a beating on it. I tend to agree with 65s here. If you could get someone to give you $1500 take it, if you got 1K grab it.

If you part the car I see about 2500-3000 in parts. Unfortunately, you live pretty far away. Otherwise I'd help you part it for max value.

I hope your family issues work out for the best. I take care of my Mom and know how tough it can be sometimes. Child becomes parent. :thumblef: To you for Family first!

-
Back