Wonky camber

-

agrevbuzz

desert dodge
Reaction score
Did complete front end stock on 76 dart.

Using some suggestions I was able to get it to an apparent 0 camber.

Like an idiot I drove for a while without greasing the new tie rods (among other things).

Now as I drive the camber goes negative (I think that’s right) wheels look like /——\ after I’ve driven a while. But if I back in to parking space they look straight. |——-|.

Car seems lower after driving forward and higher after back up.

Any suggestions? Did I kill the tie rod ends and need to fix them?

Not unless "a few miles" means 60-70,000.....................Hard to say. You may have something loose, or you may be mistaken, and happen to be looking at it when it just happens to be "sitting funny." You need to measure it, get it on a flat level surface, and jounce the front suspension so it settle properly. If there's a chance something may be loose/ damaged/ worn, measure it, drive it around the block, set it up again and re-check it

Tie rod ends, by the way do not affect anything except toe-in so far as appearance and alignment measurements

Agree with @67Dart273 Double check everything and your torque specs for the vehicle. Inspect the tie rod ends closely for visible damage. Also check the upper control arm bushings while you're in there.

Camber is adjusted through the UCA Eccentrics. Be sure to make adjustments with the front end "loaded" and not lifted. Slip plates either "real" or improvised to allow movement during the adjustment.

Front ride height is a factor of the Torsion Bars....

Be methodical...make sure all of the structure is firm and torqued to spec (K-frame, Struts, Upper and Lower control arms, spindles ball joints, lug nuts) before trying to adjust the camber specifically. "Wonky" is a good term so need to eliminate what you can check. Don't make any assumptions. :thumbsup:

Did complete front end stock on 76 dart.

Using some suggestions I was able to get it to an apparent 0 camber.

Like an idiot I drove for a while without greasing the new tie rods (among other things).

Now as I drive the camber goes negative (I think that’s right) wheels look like /——\ after I’ve driven a while. But if I back in to parking space they look straight. |——-|.

Car seems lower after driving forward and higher after back up.

Any suggestions? Did I kill the tie rod ends and need to fix them?
20220928_173340.jpg

General rule for me.

1. Caster
2. Camber
3. Toe in/out

Caster adjustment by turning one eccentric
Camber adjustment by turning both eccentrics

20220928_173957.jpg

Does this look familure.

20220701_164411.jpg

Too much toe out.

Backing up it streighten out and the body lowers.

Go forward the tires do as in the photo and backing tires streighten out.

-
Back