wont work

-

clairday modtop

there's no car like mopar
Reaction score
i got a set of front disk brakes off a 82 cordoba and just to let any one know if they come across these for thier a body, THEY DONT FIT lol here are some pix .

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

looks to me like they might work do the ball joint holes line up. that's is the only thing I see you would need to do is use the A-body ball joint which looks like it would bolt on.

What A body are you trying to put them on? What part doesn't fit?
C

Swap the lower ball joint from the drum set-up to the disc set-up. You will need a newer (73 to 76?) upper control arm with the bigger ball joint. Then there will be the issue of flex hose routing, new master cylinder, prop valve....
Good luck to you. Others have done it and so can you.

Wylde1.

Sorry,i saw the title wont work and thought this thread was about my brother-n-law.LOL Good luck with the brakes.

looks to me like they might work do the ball joint holes line up. that's is the only thing I see you would need to do is use the A-body ball joint which looks like it would bolt on.

i tryed to switch them and the bolt holes on the brakets are off set a bit. holes dont line up. these are off a 82 cordoba and im trying to put them on my 69 barracuda. i can get all the other parts needed off the cordoba if i need but so far ur right the ball joint braket are my problom. any solving this?

I gather you tryed to move the drum brake ball joint to the disc brake spindle. You couldn't do that even if both were a-body spindles.
I would atleast try an a-body disc brake lower ball joint before I gave up.

ok, im lost lol. how can i use the a-body disc brake lower ball joint on the cordobas disk spinales? the ball joint are made into the braket on the drum and the cordoba disk ones have the opposite set up.

I dont know that you can. I know you need a lower ball joint from a-body where you are using the lower arm from a-body. I dont know if a-body disc brake lower ball joint will bolt to that spindle.

ok, im lost lol. how can i use the a-body disc brake lower ball joint on the cordobas disk spinales? the ball joint are made into the braket on the drum and the cordoba disk ones have the opposite set up.

stop looking at the old drum parts, they are useless for this swap.

unbolt the lower balljoint from the Cordoba spindles and toss it, its also useless for this swap.

You need a 73 up A body upper control arm and 73 up A body lower balljoint.

its the standard F,M,J and late B swap. All use the same spindles.

need 73 to 76 a body lower ball joints and upper control arms and brake hoses,are these small or big rotor set up if big rotors set you will need to use 15'' wheels

i have the sbp rally rim that came with my car on it now but these are bbp and i have a set of victor rim off my old 68 charger to put on them.

one small correction to my post above...you'll probably need to use the bolts that attach the original drum brake lower ball joint to attach the new 73-76 A body lower ball joint to the Cordoba spindle. I believe thats all you need from the original drum brake parts.

one small correction to my post above...you'll probably need to use the bolts that attach the original drum brake lower ball joint to attach the new 73-76 A body lower ball joint to the Cordoba spindle. I believe thats all you need from the original drum brake parts.

aren't the bolts smaller on the drum brakes? i'll check

Do the upper control arms on a 73 up drum brake work for the disc swap or do they have to be from disc to disc?

all the 73-76 UCA's are the same, drum or disc. The only change from 72 back and 73 up A body UCA's is the size of the balljoint got larger on the 73 up UCA's.

-
Back