Woodward Dream Cruise

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
I know it's a little early but I always wanted to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise and this may be the summer I finally do it.Anybody been there and any advice
Also hoping do do a couple legs of the Hot Rod Power tour Indy and on any advice on this

Thank You

I know it's a little early but I always wanted to attend the Woodward Dream Cruise and this may be the summer I finally do it.Anybody been there and any advice
Also hoping do do a couple legs of the Hot Rod Power tour Indy and on any advice on this

Thank You

It's never too early to start the planning for a road trip.:iconbigg:

Can't help you with Woodward but this year will be my 5th
Power Tour. Did the Long Haul last year and doing it again this year.

I would suggest you go to the Hotel Reservation setup and get some rooms.
Here's the link

http://www.familyevents.com/page/powertourhotels

Here's where the wife and I are staying from Indy on to Detroit

Indy.....Americas Best Value Inn
...........4630 Lafayette Road 46254 317-293-9060

Muskegon....Ramada Whitehall
.................2865 Colby Road 49641 231-893-3030

Detroit........Quality Inn & Suites
.................32035 Van Dyke
.................Warren, MI 586-264-0100

Shoot me a PM if you want

Tony

If you are going to Woodward make sure your car can idle in stopped traffic in 90 degree weather without overheating. I prefer the Telegragh cruise which I think is June. Not far from Woodward and in some areas you can get away with a burnout unlike Woodward where the cops come to you on bicycle right after.

There is less than 200 days before the Dream Cruise! August 20th, 2011.

Come in the Sunday before and cruise all week long. Because of work I usually can only get out a couple of nights.

On Saturday I generally am parked by 12 noon because of traffic, then do miles of walking Saturday until I can't walk any more.

Usually there is some entertainment on Thursday evening...a couple cars shows on Friday and the Classic Car Parade (which used to kick off the event) on Friday evening.

You will find people and cars any night of the week.

Last year Chrsyler had a display at 13 Mile & Woodward...the North Oakland Mopar Muscle Club was at 12 Mile...and there is a Pub at 11 Mile that has Mopar friendly parking...

Paul

...and there is a Pub at 11 Mile that has Mopar friendly parking...

Paul

The Blarney Stone is the name of the pub. The owner, Bo, allows mopars to park there free of charge (he asks only that you come in for a burger and brew). My buddy and I have been there the last 2 years. We'll be there again this year with Bo's permission of course.

Also, don't forget the Wednesday afternoon/evening www.moparts.com guys get together at the Donut Cutter (west side of Woodward south of 12 Mile Road). I'll be there for that one as well.

Yup, we have a Mopar get-together every year the Wednesday evening before the cruise at the Donut Cutter, on Woodward Avenue in Berkley. You are welcome to attend, and there are still tons of cars but it's much much easier to cruise than on the Saturday of the cruise. :)

From a guy who has done-this a bunch of times ..... Friday and Saturday are BS ... they just exploit US .. the cruisers and car-guys.

But if you insist ...BE THERE Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nites ..... so good action and great people.

-
Back