WOOHOOOO!!!! found the article on my dart engine. :)

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
just got a call from djvcuda saying he was e-mailing me a surprise... well the surprise id he found the magazine article on the build up of my dart engine... it was in a sept 2001 high performance mopar.. for those that don't know the story of my dart go here and check it out... http://www.abodyjoe.com/71dartpage/71dartpage.htm

i've been looking for the actual article since i bought the car back. i did get ahold of al kirschenbaum
and he found a rough draft of the article and e-mailed it to me but couldn't remember if it was actually printed or not. well thanks to dave i now know that it was... here it is ...

dave says he just grabbed a magazine off the shelf and started skimming through it and he reconized the heater hose cover i had put on the car in the early 90's. ( kinda hard to see in the scanned pics though) and he saw that steve collison wrote it and know it was the article i was looking for since june....

hose covering
P1010149.JPG

P1010149.JPG

Yup now u can finally see how slow that motor is,so just sent it on down to me ill toon it up real good for ya an put some good miles on her!

Cool, I used a MP 360 short block as the basis for my motor as well. I spent more than twice that on the 340 short block and they both run the same. I figure I can buy 2 or 3 MP short blocks for what it cost to do one 340. I miss the top end charge of the 340 though. That thing really cooked on the big end.

-
Back