words that irk me

-
If this is a serious question, it means that anyone who has done, written, or said anything that does not conform with the current standards of the radical left must be destroyed. They need to be fired, banished, defamed and destroyed.
People who did more for freedom than almost anyone who have walked the face of the earth are being defamed because they did things that are not acceptable in the present day. Washington and Jefferson owned slaves, which is rightfully intolerable in the present day. Yet, in their time, it was the way of life. There was little opposition to slavery then, although it rapidly grew in the decades after their deaths. The cancel culture wants their statues torn down, and have it taught they were evil racists whose great contributions were insignificant because of things they did that are unacceptable today, even though it was accepted and commonplace in their time.
There are many examples of this in the current climate. The attempt to destroy people who are currently public figures include Mayim Bialik, Eric Clapton, Dave Chappelle, Aaron Rodgers, Kevin Hart, Brett Cavanaugh, John Gruden and many, many more. Are they perfect? I think there was only one perfect person. Do they deserve to be destroyed for a expressing a viewpoint which does not conform to groupthink? Are they irredeemable because of something done or said years ago? The cancel culture believes so.
This is all around, and is dangerous. More about this can be found through many sources.
Agreed similar here in Canada but don’t get me started

What do you mean by saying, "and have it taught they were evil racists".........................They were evil racists!!!! Just because it was acceptable in those times does not make them NON-RACISTS"!!!! Therein lies the problem with the "Cancel culture" terminology.............trying to rename something to make is sound OK or acceptable just because some in society found it "acceptable". I'm sure the slaves didn't find it acceptable or did the black folk not have a seat at the table???? You need to look at it from both sides, not just the side you want to see it from.
I think the point is that we must learn from history, so that we may not repeat it. While they appear to be "racist" in today's terms, and it is certainly arguable that it may well be true, if we remove all traces and records of the past because we find those behaviors offensive today, what will prevent these atrocities from happening again? If we do not learn from our history, we are doomed to repeat it. Just my .02, and I apologize for hi jacking the thread.

"The cancel culture wants their statues torn down, and have it taught they were evil racists whose great contributions were insignificant because of things they did that are unacceptable today, even though it was accepted and commonplace in their time."

What do you mean by saying, "and have it taught they were evil racists".........................They were evil racists!!!! Just because it was acceptable in those times does not make them NON-RACISTS"!!!! Therein lies the problem with the "Cancel culture" terminology.............trying to rename something to make is sound OK or acceptable just because some in society found it "acceptable". I'm sure the slaves didn't find it acceptable or did the black folk not have a seat at the table???? You need to look at it from both sides, not just the side you want to see it from.
So it wasn't a serious question. Thanks for your dishonesty. Serves me right for taking your question at face value.
I'm not arguing that it was right, now, then, or ever. That isn't the point. Holding people to standards that didn't exist in the time in which they lived is intellectually dishonest. The question of whether people like Washington, Jefferson and others, like Grant for instance, who may have done more to further freedom for people of all colors than anyone else, ever, deserve to be made pariahs because they didn't live up to standards which did not exist in their day is ridiculous. So fine, destroy them, ignoring any good they may have done, and may never have been done by anyone who followed them. Had they not done what they did, what would be the standard today? Would you be the one to champion freedom and equality for all if it was still considered an inconceivable impossibility? Then isn't now, and now isn't then, which is an important distinction. And we're not where we need to be yet.

"The cancel culture wants their statues torn down, and have it taught they were evil racists whose great contributions were insignificant because of things they did that are unacceptable today, even though it was accepted and commonplace in their time."

I'm sure the Hebrew slaves Moses freed found it unacceptable, as well.

Ever notice how often they are bellyaching during the Exodus?

"Remember the fish and onions we had in egypt"

Yeah, good times
Fish and onions.....can you imagine? "Now shut up and make that clay without straw!"

Ever notice how often they are bellyaching during the Exodus?

"Remember the fish and onions we had in egypt"

Yeah, good times

Men forget the suffering, the murder of their firstborn, the complete lack of bodily autonomy, and seek security over liberty and morality.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.artistshot.com%2Fd.77528018.958231.s3.1-111111-bm9uZQ-800x800.jpg

I think "the n word" needs to go away. Just say the damn word. There's a difference between saying it and using it. If people know what you mean, why code it?

I cannot STAND the term Transgender. If you were born with a *****, you are a male. If you were born with a ******, you are a female. And Males have NO business running on the Females track team.

I cannot STAND the term Transgender. If you were born with a *****, you are a male. If you were born with a ******, you are a female. And Males have NO business running on the Females track team.

Noooooo. They are STRONG and EMPOWERED. They are EQUAL. They fought for it, now they get to keep it. "Gender is just a social construct."
Revel in your victory, ladies.
Revel in your equality, ladies.
Revel in your destruction of your families, ladies.
Ladies, you broke it, you bought it!
Until the ladies fix the damn family courts they can lie in the beds they've made!
Until the ladies fight to get rid of no-fault divorce, they can enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Until there is an end to alimony the ladies can wallow in the ruin of their lives, living under their blanket of cats, drinking their box wine and watching netflix.
Oh, I can't put up the girlie calendars in the shop? Get bent.

Noooooo. They are STRONG and EMPOWERED. They are EQUAL. They fought for it, now they get to keep it. "Gender is just a social construct."
Revel in your victory, ladies.
Revel in your equality, ladies.
Revel in your destruction of your families, ladies.
Ladies, you broke it, you bought it!
Until the ladies fix the damn family courts they can lie in the beds they've made!
Until the ladies fight to get rid of no-fault divorce, they can enjoy the fruits of their labor.
Until there is an end to alimony the ladies can wallow in the ruin of their lives, living under their blanket of cats, drinking their box wine and watching netflix.
Oh, I can't put up the girlie calendars in the shop? Get bent.
So I don't get it. Are you being sarcastic, or do you really believe 100% that a male can be on the girl's track team? Because the content above makes no sense at all.

So. Younger generation beginning each sentence with So, irks me.
Also ending each sentence with, you know what I mean?
Or starting a sentence with "Like" or "I mean" also the word "Yous" as in both of yous. No such word and hope never will be in the dictionary.
And what's with this speaking up? We were taught that was only used when asking a question

I think the point is that we must learn from history, so that we may not repeat it. While they appear to be "racist" in today's terms, and it is certainly arguable that it may well be true, if we remove all traces and records of the past because we find those behaviors offensive today, what will prevent these atrocities from happening again? If we do not learn from our history, we are doomed to repeat it. Just my .02, and I apologize for hi jacking the thread.
You're absolutely correct Randy

I think "the n word" needs to go away. Just say the damn word. There's a difference between saying it and using it. If people know what you mean, why code it?
I hate that word also. But you do hear a black person call another one that but I still don't like it

We all start out female in the womb and then I think it's the hormones that decide what sex you'll be. Sometimes that transformation doesn't always end right. If you were born like that then you wouldn't think that.
I have absolutely no problem with that word. Just like if you are born with Downs Syndrome. It's nobodies fault but it is what it is so live with it.
My English cousin gave birth to a son with Downs. The father was so embarrassed he left the family and was never in touch with the family again, not even his other two sons. What an asshole!!! Her son didn't ask to be born that way.
The POS died early in life so that was his reward and looks good on him.

Ah, yes

"Racist"

Another word I hate
But in a way you're one because you hate gays. What would you do if one of your kids was gay? Would you disown that child and toss them out of your house never to see them again or love them and treat them just like your other kids. Your bible isn't going to change the way they think.

I just hate the word NO. Especially when I'm reaching for some boobies and she grabbed my hand and says no or don't. I hated it when I was 3 and I hated it when I was 63.

I just hate the word NO. Especially when I'm reaching for some boobies and she grabbed my hand and says no or don't. I hated it when I was 3 and I hated it when I was 63.
But if you ask her if she wants you to stop and she says NO then it's ok.

-
Back