Would any of you guys be interested in...?

-
Well guys.......I am truly sorry I haven't been able to reply before this. I have been experiencing a domino effect of sorts here the past couple of weeks. I know everybody has an excuse and they all stink, but here it is...

First was our year-end inventory count which required massive amounts of overtime during the holidays, but I did manage to get Christmas off. Then came the first of the year catching up on all the shipping out of orders taken during inventory, when nothing was shipping out while the count was going on...and we're just now getting caught back up.

And all during this time, I have been dealing with a personal health problem(kidney stones), which has really been a trial to even get to work in the mornings. When I get home at night, I'm pretty much shot.

With all of that said, here's the status of the 73-74 Duster rubber kit group buy. I have pulled what was in stock off the shelf and set it aside especially for this buy. What was not in stock has been placed on a purchase order and I'm still waiting to receive it from the various vendors. All of the parts listed for the kits do not all come from the same vendor, so that is why I'm still waiting for parts to come in. In this sense, I'm a waiting customer too. When all the parts do come in, I want to post up pics to show everybody that they are indeed all there and ready to go.

I'm hoping that the parts arrive soon...and I'm also hoping to be feeling a little better then too.

I would never wish the misery of stones on anybody...................

If any of you want to withdraw from this deal, I would understand completely. But I do want you all to know that I haven't forgotten about this and that parts are on order waiting to arrive and I have all intentions of following through.

Please don't let this sway your opinion towards Layson's, THIS IS ALL ON ME AND I TAKE FULL RESPOSIBILITY FOR NOT GETTING ONLINE HERE LATELY!!!!!!

Thanks, Rick

P.S.

I would like to say Thanks!!! to Tracy for emailing me and letting me know of your concerns.

This is taking too long. I've found a few pieces here and there on eBay and whatnot over the past few months, so I don't need this anymore. Thanks anyway, but count me out.

Hutchfish, is this still ago for any of these parts? I'm still interested, if shes a go.

PM me if you are still trying to put something together.

Well his last post was on Jan 19/07 so I think this has gone down the tubes.
Why come and try to get guys a deal, then just disapear? :cussing:
He had enough guys saying they wanted parts! I'd still take them, if Hutchfish shows.

Thread failure in 4......3.......2.......1......

MR.7DUSTER3 said:
My son and i have a 73 Duster, if you can pull it off, we would be interested a complete rubber/weather strip kit. something with door,window and trunk seals. pm us or email me at [email protected] if you can do it.

Thanks,

Bob
Bryce

I need these too for my 73 Dart Sport. Also 67 Cuda FB lower trunk trim piece. Layson's has told me for almost 2 years now that this was going to be available soon.

Thanks,
Pam

Kinda "sad" thing to see overall for some of you that were looking forward to getting parts. I figured something like this wouldn't be that EZ or quick to accomplish smoothly in a timely fashion. The only way I could see something work very well is if Layson's itself went out of thier way to "cater" to members or sites like this. (I mean...that's where the "real" cash is). Lets face it...there's not that much competion out there when it comes to A-body rest parts, therefore those few suppliers can be at times often quite lame (the money is always coming in). Really, what do "they" have too loose. Bad or Not, they know if someone what's something bad enough, they will order. As long as thousands do order from them..and do, they will always be in the drivers seat. If life were to receive ordered parts first, then the buyer pay when in hand....we would see a big differance......however that's not the way life is.... (too bad for that)

I agree with 69SIGNETV8.

What is sad is some day parts I need like new 69 dart tail light bezels will be made in China for half the price and I won't order them because I want to support us. Then 6 months later someone like Layson will come down in price before I finally buy them.

These guys could meet demand and increase annual sale/profit if they took a class in economics. Just an opinion.

Well all I see going on here it has only made my opinion of Layson's even worse. I know this was one person setting up this deal and on his personal time. But he is also an employee of Layson's. He has shown me that he is the same as the rest up there.

Well, I have two words for you guys (you and everyone else knows who you are because we can read) that bagged on those like me that were critical of this deal and told you that because of Layson's track record was not good

I not going to post the two words because I am trying to be decent, but I suspect you know what I mean.

For you guys that didn't know any different and didn't get your stuff you wanted I am sorry. I live and do business in the same state as Laysons and I wish they weren't here it gives us business owners that try to do a good job a bad name.

Chuck

You would think this would be a conflict of interest with Laysons.

If this is legit ,then it is really sad that layson's can't just come out and say.

"Hey guys , I know our company has not been very honest with it's customers in the past and we have been taking great strides in trying to become #1 competetively and we are trying to go above and beyond in regaining the public trust again so how about giving us another chance."

But I don't see it happening.
just my .02

340mopar said:
Well, I have two words for you guys (you and everyone else knows who you are because we can read) that bagged on those like me that were critical of this deal and told you that because of Layson's track record was not good

I not going to post the two words because I am trying to be decent, but I suspect you know what I mean.

For you guys that didn't know any different and didn't get your stuff you wanted I am sorry. I live and do business in the same state as Laysons and I wish they weren't here it gives us business owners that try to do a good job a bad name.

Chuck

I know exactly what you are talking about and I remember your posts on it with out going back and looking. I have always kept their rep. in my mind. At the same time I was trying to give an individual a chance to do something. I did and he has stepped on his own you know what. I guess that it just takes a certain type of person to work there and he is another.

I won't ever resort to negative name calling or statements about a persons character even if I knew what the person is like, it's just not the thing to do.

There is one sentence that sticks out in my mind that this thing was most likely not going to fly... "I'm not going to take the financial risk" This stands out for two reasons;

(1) In a business venture why would the financial risk fall on the customer? Answer, it doesn't.

(2) If the person or business controlling the business venture does not have a financial risk what means is there to make sure they follow through? Answer, none.

Know one to my knowledge is out any money so that is a good thing. But to me a business' or a man's word is worth more than money, but that's just how I try to live my life. Everything in life can be taken away from you except on thing... Your word.

Chuck

JUST MORE TYPICAL DAVE LAYSON, i bet he pulled the plug and most likely fired the topic starter.

It seems like every one of his posts started with "sorry for taking so long to get back to you, but...(fill in excuse here)"

Its too bad this deal is falling apart. I hope he does not have anyones's money.

:wack:

I think he posted that the owner knew all about this "deal" he was offering, has anyone tried calling and asking for the owner? Seeing if this was legit? And if he knew anything about this so called deal and what happened? Seems if they get enough phone calls directing them to this thread it might light a fire under someone's arse! ...Seems all to strange that an employee tries to change things for the better (at laysons) and then falls off the face of the earth. Never dealt with them but from all I hear...this is enough to make me shop elsewhere. What a joke! :wack: I feel bad for everyone that was expecting a good deal here.

From day one I said this deal was hokey.

Ok so far I got Dave,Steve,Tom for Door weathership. :salute:
Tim,Bob,Ray for tail lights. :salute:
Cliff,Scott,Billy for Bumpers brackets. :salute:

Funny s**t !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with you cudaspaz...............was that dave all along?...........hmmmm.

-
Back