Would any of you guys be interested in...?

-
I think thats what they are called , my driver side has ding from seat belt getting stuck in door. I need these as they detract from new carpet and seat covers, headliner etc, can we get these too?

What kinda money am I looking at for JUST the door seals for my '73 Duster?

Well I had my meeting with Dave today. I gave him a sheet with the part number breakdowns for the rubber kits and he is going to put together a price list for me(these would be my prices from Layson's). This list will cover the Dusters/Demons from 70-76. After I get the prices back and I have some kinda idea of what the margins will be, I'll be able to let you guys know what kinda money we'd be looking at.

To get the lowest possible prices, parts would need to be bought in lots of at least ten. For example, 10 kits would be needed for the 70-72 models and 10 kits for the 73-76 models, or if we were talking Dart tail light bezels, 10 sets of 68 Dart bezels and 10 sets of 69 Dart bezels. I cannot mix-n-match parts for different years or models to get the lowest price.....although I did try!!! I can't get 5 sets of 68 bezels and 5 sets of 69 bezels to get the good price breaks.

It is possible to get single item parts, however, the price break would only amount to about 10%. And I am not allowed to purchase quantities of parts using my employee discount. The only time I'm allowed the employee discount is if the parts are for my own personal use....and he knows I only own one 74 Duster.

I do have everybody's board username, year & model of car, and the parts wanted noted down in a notebook(this is my notebook I keep for myself, it has not, nor will it ever be turned over to anyone else!!). I am keeping track of everything so I know when enough people want a certain item, I can then see about getting the parts.

Well folks.....sorry I haven't been around the past couple of days. I just got power back on a few minutes ago from our little windstorm we had go through here Thursday night. The past couple of nights have been pretty cold to say the least......and I'm looking forward to a hot meal here afterwhile...followed by a hot shower!!! It was warmer outside this morning than it was inside the house here!!!!!

Anyways....70dusta and greg340, I have your names down on my list for 70 Duster rubber kits.

dartman91566, I won't be able to do you any good at all on the 70 Dart tail light lenses. We are completely out of stock on those, and I haven't a clue as to when the next batch will arrive. But I will put you down on my list and will contact you when they do.

I'm also still waiting for Dave to get with me on the final pricing, so it might be another day or two before I have that info for everybody. Most everybody at work has had some issues dealing with this storm, so it's probably going to be a few days before everybody gets back on track and things get back to normal. When the people on the news said there were millions without power, they weren't kidding........not even one little bit!!!

Will this fit for Dart or just Duster/ Demons? I got a 71 Dart and would be interested if they fit.

blackace...the rubber kits that are in process now are for the Duster/Demons, however.....when I get 10 people for a rubber kit for the Darts, I can pull the trigger for a group buy on them too.

Do you guys have the door weather stripping for the '73 Dusters? I need the stuff that is molded and runs around the bottom of the door.

Hey Hutchfish, did you go back through the thread and write everyone else down for wich set they would need? If not, I am still interested in the early set too. Thanks, Eric

Dusterb318, door seals that run around the bottom of the door are available. A group buy for them could be had if ten people are interested in that specific part.

Duster on fire, yes I have gone through the thread and I have everybody's username and part request written down. I will post the parts requested and the number of people interested in the various parts so board members will know what the totals are. I probably won't get this done until tomorrow as I'm going to have to go in and work a few more hours today.......ugh!!!

I apologize for not being around more these past few days. We are smack dab in the middle of an inventory count from hell. We've been putting in VERY long hours counting, inspecting, sorting, and re-labeling EVERY SINGLE part, nut, bolt, screw(literally!!!), gasket, widget, thing-a-ma-bob, and do-hickey under the roof!!!!!!!!!! We most likely will not have this completed until next week sometime, so in that time, I may be a little scarce around here.

But I do want you all to know that the parts for 10 of the 73-74 Duster rubber kits have been ordered and I am awaiting their arrival. I have been told they should be here shortly after the first of the year. When they arrive, I will gather together all the parts making up the kit, get some good pics taken to post up to show you the parts are really there, and only then I would start to accept payments and get them shipped out to you guys. I will have the final prices for the sets when Dave L. gets his "landed costs" calculated down to the exact penny(and I will post them to let everybody know), but I can say there will be a significant savings compared to what they would cost if all the pieces were bought individually.

Just so all of you know.....Dave was a little hesitant about ordering enough for ALL the sets requested for the various years of Dusters/Demons when I gave him the totals. So what he agreed to was this.....he would order enough to do 10 complete sets. If all goes as planned and all of the 10 sets are paid for and shipped out and everything is taken care of in a timely manner, he would be more than happy to continue ordering parts for the rest of the rubber kits requested. Even he is just a little bit skeptical about this "group buy" thing. His concern is ordering parts in that are not yet paid for, but it's hard to deny the interest you guys have shown. But the more we talk to each other about it, the more comfortable he is becoming, and I believe he is starting to realize the potential here.

Merry Christmas to all!!

Boy it sure feels good to have a day off!!!

Here's the list of requested parts and the number of people for each one....

Rubber Kits:

Duster/Demon complete rubber kits: 15
70 Dart complete rubber kit: 1
71 Dart complete rubber kit: 1
64 Cuda complete rubber kit: 1
69 Dart complete rubber kit: 1

Tail Light Bezels:

68 Dart tail light bezels: 1
69 Dart tail light bezels: 4

Lenses & Other Parts:

66 Valiant tail light lens kit & chromed armrests: 1
71 Valiant L & R rear quarter panels: 1 pair
73 Dart Sport headliner: 1
68 Cuda frt parking lenses & tail light lenses: 2
68 Dart fresh air door seals: 1
...six-pack hood scoop: 2
76 Duster frt floor pans L & R: 1
...one piece trunk floor: 1
...rear quarter patch panels: 1
...L & R trunk extensions: 1
69 Barracuda full interior kit & exterior pieces: 1
72 Demon left rear lower quarter patch panel: 2
...left front floor pan: 1
...left rear floor pan: 1
...Hemi hood scoop: 1
64 Cuda back-up light lenses: 1
...tail light lenses: 1
69 Dart tail light lenses: 1
75 Duster subframe connectors: 1
70 Dart tail light lenses: 1(although not-in-stock and no idea when they will be!)
73 Duster door weatherstrip: 1
67 Valiant Signet sill plates: 1
67 Cuda 'vert rear side interior panels(black): 1

I hope I haven't left anything out....if you requested parts and don't see them listed, please let me know.

Thanks, Rick

bumpin this to the top..........anybody heard anything on this? how, or did this even turn out so far?

I asked for it before (originaly) seems it may be missed, 73 Duster COMPLETE Rubber kit, Please add it to the order. Keep us updated

I'll take a complete bump stop kit for a 65 Cuda.
And trunk seal kit (as long as it is not universal)
Thanks

Seems like it's any other typical Layson's order......I hope no one sent any money in.

Has anyone heard what the prices would be for any of the parts? I see where he stated he has placed orders for the complete weatherstrip kits demon/duster to his boss but I still see no price qoute except that they will be cheaper. I need more to work with than this.

I don't know but I am kinda running out of steam on this deal. I think that he needed to get things working while everyone was excited about it. Now everyone is calming down and he is disappearing and giving everyone to question what is going on. I'm not too sure about this deal anymore. We have been waiting for a price quote for over a month now. I need to know if I can afford it now or if I would have to wait for round two. I have other things that I need to get for the car but if he takes much longer I'll have to work on the rubber later and get some more of the car done til.

how come it has to be a big order of the same stlye parts,,,why not one part??? or is that the only way you can personally deal with dave layson to sell his parts ?? there is stuff ide like,,for my 66 cuda but wouldnt deal with them unless it was at a show cash and carry,,no cash and wait,,til they find a vendor to make the part,,in the next 5 years,,,

-
Back