Would anyone be interested in purchasing five, yes, five late 67-69' barracudas?

-

Sweet5ltr

Reaction score
A member at church's husband recently deceased that was in his late-eighties, and left behind literally twelve 66-72' Mopars (2-70' 340 Dusters, 2-big block 66/67' Chargers, 6-67/68' Barracudas, 1- mid-70's Magnum). The wife of forty years doesn't know much about them, and just wants them gone. She literally talked about calling the junkyard to pick them up.. Seriously, you can't make this stuff up :(

I'm not an expert on A-Bodies, but the condition of most are very good for sitting 15-20 years under tarps and tree's. Meaning, literally, very few visible rust areas, no bondo, and they're 100% factory original (none look to have ever been painted, so you're getting exactly what you see). Now, I'm not saying that they're 'driver ready', but they are what you'd expect from an original, unrestored car. This is the holy grail of Mopar 'barn' finds in Florida, I rarely EVER see any in this condition to start restorations. Most have been sitting for 10-15 years. One of the Barracudas is a Formula S Fastback with a 273 and factory A/C; it was covered with 1/2" of dust under his garage, surrounded by 8 3/4 rear ends and other misc. car parts. He has another one inside the garage, we didn't see, but who knows, could be a factory big block car for it to be taking up his only garage space!?

She just wants them out of her back yard, and sorry I don't have pictures, we just went two evenings ago at 1900H and it got dark around 1930H, we didn't even get a chance to really look over any of them or for me to copy VIN #'s. Some are manuals, others auto, like I said, I didn't have time to copy any information down. My conscious wouldn't allow me to 'take her' on these cars, she has absolutely no idea what they are or the value. I would be purchasing them, keeping two out of the 12 (giving her cash up front), and also the proceeds of whatever I can sell the rest for. The only thing I told her I was interested in was her 71' D100 Adventurer Sport with nearly no rust, as it would be a great G3 Hemi swap candidate to go with my power wagon.

Any idea the value of a lot of 67-69 barracudas, un-restored or molested, nearly all 100% factory and most with A/C?

Last edited:
I may also be interested in selling the Dusters as well if I purchase,both I believe are factory 340' cars. Unfortunately, the near perfect one is a column shifted auto. The other Duster (which is the only one I would call a serious, parts only car) is an 833-4 speed car with a 340 (drivetrain looks very, very good, not sure how the body went so fast).

Last edited:
if your poking around there...I could use two 12X6 or 14X7 slotted mags for the front of my duster
small bolt pattern of course

Interested in a solid 68 fastback.

Possibly the 66/67 Charger(s)

Factory a/c is not an option to get all excited about. Too many things wrong with it, i.e. horse power robbing RV2-R12 compumper , problematic push button climate controller, etc...
Todays aftermarket offers modern add on a/c kits that bolt right into the non a/c builds. Those don't go into the factory a/c builds so easily, if at all.

Where in Florida are the cars and parts located? I would be interested in some of the A-body eight and three quarter rear ends and possibly some rear leaf springs. I am in central Florida south of Orlando.

Just noting factory A/C for the guys that care, I was guessing that it would be a fairly rare option on these cars back then.

I'm not sure if the Formula S Fastback was an auto or manual, she did have what looked like a 3-speed manual barracuda sitting outside the garage.

The cars are located near Jacksonville, FL (Northern Florida). They aren't listed anywhere, and you can't see any of them from the highway. I won't be giving out her information or address, as you all know how that could turn out.

I'll gladly sell the cars to members here if I can purchase them, she wanted me to make an offer this afternoon for everything related to the cars.

I would really appreciate anyone that isn't interested in purchasing these cars, to PM me with a reasonable price range for selling them (parts car pricing, just a general idea). I'm not looking to make money off of these and would be giving her back any excess funds that I did make, I just want to save the cars from being recycled into Prius's. . .

Thanks everyone for the interest!

Last edited:
@Sweet5ltr

This thread is a bit of a slippery slope & borderline (at best) in the wrong forum. Of course there's interest in stashed away Mopars! I think that's why we're all here :)

It's nearly impossible to "guess" at prices without pictures & detailed descriptions...If you truly want to help her with maximum $$, then post the cars individually in the Classifieds.

I agree C how can we shot from the hip without even seeing any pictures. I for one would love to have some extra parts. And another 2nd gen Cuda. But guess I can't help.

@Sweet5ltr

This thread is a bit of a slippery slope & borderline (at best) in the wrong forum. Of course there's interest in stashed away Mopars! I think that's why we're all here :)

It's nearly impossible to "guess" at prices without pictures & detailed descriptions...If you truly want to help her with maximum $$, then post the cars individually in the Classifieds.

You may be right, but it's in general discussion for a reason. Anyone can feel free to PM me, I already have a list of potential buyers, which I needed if I was going to save these cars. We don't live in the Mopar belt, there are very few individuals who understand the importance or whom may actually care about these cars.

Last edited:
You may be right, but it's in general discussion for a reason. Anyone can feel free to PM me, I already have a list of potential buyers, which I needed if I was going to save these cars.
I edited the one I originally sent. Be sure to read it. I will help, any way I can, Car purchased, or not.

I would suggest finding a local Mopar club member or even someone close by on FABO who would be interested in cataloging and evaluating the estate and offer them a percentage of the proceeds.

I edited the one I originally sent. Be sure to read it. I will help, any way I can, Car purchased, or not.

Thank you, please send me another PM if you can, as it didn't look like your edit may have went through. I can't hang onto 12 of these cars, and I couldn't take pictures with half of them being covered under tarps. At the very least, they would all be decent parts cars. I'm a Mopar guy obviously, but I deal with b-bodies, just check out my signature. We're going back over again on Friday regardless, as she had another Barracuda in the garage that we didn't get a chance to view.

We've already came to a purchase agreement on her (mint for age) 71' D100, that I'm going to install a 3G Hemi into. The whole point is she doesn't want them in her yard, she is going to call the junkyard to remove them if I don't purchase. She doesn't want to deal with anyone else, we're talking about a mid-70 year old widow, I can understand her position with not wanting strangers on her property. I will notify everyone who PM'd me, in order (first PM to last), to come view the cars and purchase what they would like if we end up buying everything from her.

Last edited:
If she just wants them out of there why don't you make her a deal. You could pay her what the scrap yard would, then move them somewhere, anywhere and then sell them individually. She could also get another 10, 20 or 30% of what you sell them for. It would be good for her, you and the buyers.

I start at $500 for a parts car and go up based on what it has that I know I can sell and for how much.

The most I've paid is $1250, and that was a factory 400-4 72 Charger with buckets, sway bars, hideaway lights, rallye cluster am/fm, and 8 3/4 SG 3.23

If she just wants them out of there why don't you make her a deal. You could pay her what the scrap yard would, then move them somewhere, anywhere and then sell them individually. She could also get another 10, 20 or 30% of what you sell them for. It would be good for her, you and the buyers.

That's what I planned on doing, purchasing the lot and selling them individually or as a group. That's why I was asking for a general estimate on the value range.

With the cars sitting outside for a long time putting a value on the lot would be difficult without pictures. They may be rebuildable or the may only be good for parts. Even as a parts group the value will vary as to what the cars are and what condition the parts are in. I know if I lived close I would try to save them all.

-
Back