Would this be wrong?

-

1BadDodge71

FABO Rice Hater
Reaction score
Ok,I have a 72 Duster ,but Ive been looking for a 70-71 Duster because I love the way the tailights look and need some opinons.Would it be wrong to put a 70-71 tailight panel on it?Dont get me wrong,I like the 72 tailights,but Ive always been a huge fan of the 70-71 tailights.I may not do this and leave it with the 72 tailight for originality.Ive seen people change 73 Darts into 72s,Dusters into Demons,Dart Sports into Demons,etc.
Like I said,I may not do this,but wanted opinions,lol.
100620.jpg

i,m partial. my first mopar was a 72 duster. A lot of people saw my tail lights.

Do what you want, its your car. I have a 71 Dart but dont like the bumperettes, I will take them off and it will be like a 70. Whatever makes you happy...

as long as your car isent super rare, id do whatever you wanted to it. im swapping 72 front end onto my 73 dart, because its cooler and my car isent some super rare 340 car or anything.

70-71 Tail-panel gets my vote. Would almost look like a 70-71 Duster on the outside, only difference would be the side marker's and trunk lid. Am I forgetting any other details?

Here is a question: Is it possible to tell the difference between a 70 and 71 Duster?

It's your car if you like the '70-'71 that's up to you. Personally, I'm partial to the '72. Stand alone year and the fact that Jamison's '72 has been in the family for 30 years, though, may make me a little bias. :-D

Like has been said it is your car to play with. I am turning a 75 Duster in to a 71 Demon. So I don't see why not.

You know what,in the past I would do my cars almost the way they came from ma mopar so the next buyer would like it,but they all grumbled anyway.So now itssss my way or F%^$ off.I SAY DO IT DO IT NOW.PS I like that tail.

im putting hte early clip on my 74 i wasnt really sure if i wanted to do the tail panel but if i did i wanted to use a 72 since the side markers would match. i found a 71 locally and decided to just go with that. it will probably always drive me nuts but im sure if i dont change it that would drive me nuts too. im not sure on the differences from 70-71 but i have 2 grills here that are painted opposite but i dont know what years they are or if they came like that. one has silver outside with black fins, the other black outside with silver fins.

I have a 71 Challenger and I like the 70 better, but I dont want to mess up a 71 because of how rare a 71 is over the 70, so I'll keep the 71 build it as a 71 and buy a 70 when I find one. As for the dusters and demons 72 is a nice style but if I had a 73-76 Duster or Dart Sport i'd change the tail panel to a 70-71 in a heartbeat.

Take this from someone that turned a 75 Dart into a 71 Scamp and a 72 Dart into a 70 Dart lol.

nothing is wrong if you like it! Unless you are going for some standard of originality award the car is yours to tweak as you desire! I was at a cruise last weekend and saw some very original rat rods combining lots of parts to create hot rods...you can do same this is what seperates a "hot rod" from a original show mobile! I say do what makes you feel good. My friend is building a bad rod around old truck hemi, but body will be a ford coupe 32 style! It is what he wants it to be, called creativity! Personally I like it if it looks good sounds good and goes good! excluding fords of course...LOL

I'd do it, but mine is a 70. If I ever get another newer one I'll do it to it. Don't forget the shark tooth grill.

Its your car build it the way you want it! If you ever sell it just be upfront about the changes that you made to it.

I'm kinda partial to the 70/71 tailights myself!:snakeman:
003-13.jpg

I agree with you, the 70-71 taillights are much more attractive,just as the 71 dart grille looks nicer than the 72, and now for a sharks tooth grille.

-
Back