would this pass chassis certification?

-
Street racing can be safe, obviously some people dont understand that and think nothing can happen at a track (if ignorance is bliss comes to mind) Ive been around street racing and ive seen cars with a backseat and cage and they pass tech, but they dont have a design like yours, they make the passenger(s) crawl and worm their way into the back:toothy7:
Id run the bar all the way across and if people want to ride, they can hash out who is crawling through the jungle gym. Good luck with the cage
amen, thank you!

Street racing can be safe, obviously some people dont understand that and think nothing can happen at a track (if ignorance is bliss comes to mind) Ive been around street racing and ive seen cars with a backseat and cage and they pass tech, but they dont have a design like yours, they make the passenger(s) crawl and worm their way into the back:toothy7:
Id run the bar all the way across and if people want to ride, they can hash out who is crawling through the jungle gym. Good luck with the cage

This is the real ignorance.

Sure, you can get hurt at the track, as a driver or spectator.

But the reality of street racing is that you could lose your house, your job, your life, your family.....

Injure one person in illegal drag racing and let the lawsuits roll.

Go to jail...... Oh, there goes your job.

Big lawsuit........ There goes the car and house.

Lose the house because you were acting like a 16 year old....... There goes the wife, with the kids.

Lose the wife and kids in a divorce...... Oh the joy, now you can give your x-wife money every month so she can dress nice and climb onto her new boyfriends lap.

You see....... Us smart kids keep it at the track.

But what the hell do we know......... We are just old and stupid.

so, you never had a hot car on the streets and raced someone? ever in your life?

if anything happens ill tell you, ill even let you say "i told you so".
just so you feel better.
thank you for your concern.

But the reality of street racing is that you could lose your house, your job, your life, your family.....

Lose the house because you were acting like a 16 year old....... There goes the wife, with the kids.

Lose the wife and kids in a divorce...... Oh the joy, now you can give your x-wife money every month so she can dress nice and climb onto her new boyfriends lap.

Obviously youve never been to REAL street races. We dont pull the stupid ricer **** and race in and out of traffic, we find secluded roads and dont have people standing on the sides. People stand behinde the cars and a couple people well after the stripe so you can see who won/lost etc.

The only people that are there, choose to be there. Just because some idiots race on the freeway, in and out of traffic, etc. doesnt mean all street racers are unsafe and stupid. Walk a mile in someones shoes before you talk down about them. You seem quick to judge and jump to conclusions, yet talk about ignorance. Kind of ironic wouldnt you say?

Most people I know pad their roll bars. When I take somebody for a ride I don,t beat on the car per say, just a little tire spin action, hell I hardly break 40 mph. But I also have a #'s matching Challenger for longer/ farther/ faster trips.

Street racing is illegal. Shouldn't even be discussing it here, really, IMO. Discussing it in open forum is as good as accepting it. If FABO accepts it and something happens to a member or that member hurts or kills someone after discussing it here........

Times are different. The population has exploded in comparison to thirty years ago. Used to be you could go out in the country, line um up and race all night. Yeah, it was illegal then to.....BUT there were a lot less people on the roads.

Think you can still get out in the country away from traffic? Think about this. Urban development is sprawling like never before. As a result, wild animals are being encroached on in their own habitat. You get where I'm going here? You ever hit a deer? I have. Only going about 40 MPH. Had my wife, son and grandson in the car. Did 4500 bucks damage. I wonder what that outcome would have been had I been racing someone in the other lane approaching or exceeding triple digits? What about other people on the road?

For this thread to have gone this far, IMO is a mistake and it oughtta be closed and deleted. As responsible people committed to the continuation of our hobby, we shouldn't even be having this discussion. Because having and allowing it is the same as condoning it.

Yes, I have raced on the street. I am man enough to admit my stupid mistakes. We all do stupid things in our youth. It's what we learn from those mistakes that we try to pass on to our young people now. You only have one life and it's yours to do with as you please. But, when you impose the possibility of you hurting others that's a different story altogether. Your rights end where someone else's begin. That is up to and including passengers in your car.

Bingo. There is no such thing as a "safe street race". That's a falacy and the delusion street racers apply to legitimize their activity.

...also, if anything does happen, don't expect insurance to cover anything. They will not. Remember, an insurance company's first obligation is to find a way to not pay the claim. There will be an investigation, there will be court. and all those things mentioned above.
If the car you wrecked, was your parents car, they will be responsible for all the liabilities you incurred, and they will note have the cushion of their insurance policy, either.

Besides the things mentioned in the post above, and safety equipment in the cars, to protect the drivers, there is another element that exists in street racing that does not exist in on-track competition. The element of surprise.
In street racing anything can become an obstacle. Anything.

Since every street on the planet is lined with something (houses, schools, factories, businesses, farms, woods, mountains, water, rocks, railroad tracks, even desert, or open prairie), anything can enter the roadway at any time.
When I say anything, I mean just that: People, animals (small and large), rocks, trees, shrubs, other vehicles, etc. The list is endless.
When that happens, it usually happens quickly, and if it happens at the big end, it is usually catastrophic and deadly.

Besides things entering the road way, there is also the possibility of the driver (and I know that every street racer here is the best driver in the world) losing control of the car either through mechanical failure, driver error, or due to avoiding something. As I said, every road on the planet is lined with something, and if the car leaves the road surface for any reason, it is going to hit something, an animal, tree, bush, pole, sand, dirt, building, etc. that will have a far worse reaction than a retaining wall at a drag strip.

Also, when that happens, how far away will professional help be. How long will it take for an ambulance to get there, and how far back to the emergency room? Who will make the call, and who will just get the hell out of the area so they aren't caught by the police?

I've heard all the excuses and rationalizations. "we race on country road...", or "We race at an industrial park that's closed at night, or on the weekend...", or "We race at an old air strip..." or "We race on an abandoned desert road..." and so on. All of these claims usually end with, "...and it's perfectly safe". Of course that's complete bull ****, but, unfortunately some people have to experience a disaster to believe it happened.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here, either. I'm merely commenting on the bullshit, and pointing out the FACTS.

People are going to street race somewhere. I doubt that the law, or common sense will ever stop it. But, in doing so, understand that the only people buying the bullshit that "street racing can be safe" are those with the mentality to race on a public or private road that does not have the necessary safety boundaries, safety equipment and trained personnel on hand.

Street racing is NEVER safe. PERIOD. That's not, and never has been, one of the attributes of the activity.

Remove it, close it? HELL NO!
To ignore this topic, esecially in on a car enthusiasts website is like ignoring cancer on a smoking website! You can do it, but the problem still exists & it's (possible) "cures" ignored.
I can't really add anything to all the excellent anti street-racing posts here, except to add that those that do it (and I was one looonnnng ago) is to possibly leave a child parent-less, & even have one face the possibility of murder or manslaughter charges should something go horribly wrong. Is that worth even the 10-20k the REAL serious street guys run for? Most would hardly think so & if they are running for that kinda "green" thay can, and often do, take it to the track anyway.
The wannabe "streetrats" that claim to be "serious" streetracers are only showing themselves to be ignorant of the facts, lazy in their endeavors, and dangerously irresponsible to themselves, others & the hobby which already has enough anti-car people to make our enjoying it hard enough without them putting the stigma of 50s-style idiot gearheads in the mix.
Put the rollbar/cage in if you want (Hell, I'm all for it,as I have one in
my car) but don't even TRY to convince or encourage others to join
in or support your dangerous, criminal behavior under the guise of
wanting to "pass tech" as it's obvious by now you have no intention
racing legitimately

Remove it, close it? HELL NO!
To ignore this topic, esecially in on a car enthusiasts website is like ignoring cancer on a smoking website! You can do it, but the problem still exists & it's (possible) "cures" ignored.
I can't really add anything to all the excellent anti street-racing posts here, except to add that those that do it (and I was one looonnnng ago) is to possibly leave a child parent-less, & even have one face the possibility of murder or manslaughter charges should something go horribly wrong. Is that worth even the 10-20k the REAL serious street guys run for? Most would hardly think so & if they are running for that kinda "green" thay can, and often do, take it to the track anyway.
The wannabe "streetrats" that claim to be "serious" streetracers are only showing themselves to be ignorant of the facts, lazy in their endeavors, and dangerously irresponsible to themselves, others & the hobby which already has enough anti-car people to make our enjoying it hard enough without them putting the stigma of 50s-style idiot gearheads in the mix.
Put the rollbar/cage in if you want (Hell, I'm all for it,as I have one in
my car) but don't even TRY to convince or encourage others to join
in or support your dangerous, criminal behavior under the guise of
wanting to "pass tech" as it's obvious by now you have no intention
racing legitimately
whats all that got to do with if his roll bar will work?

You're right. The discussion has become far more important. Good Observation. :yawinkle:
we could talk about the economy too... but that is off topic also. :tongue7:

Street racing is illegal. Shouldn't even be discussing it here, really, IMO. Discussing it in open forum is as good as accepting it. If FABO accepts it and something happens to a member or that member hurts or kills someone after discussing it here........

Times are different. The population has exploded in comparison to thirty years ago. Used to be you could go out in the country, line um up and race all night. Yeah, it was illegal then to.....BUT there were a lot less people on the roads.

Think you can still get out in the country away from traffic? Think about this. Urban development is sprawling like never before. As a result, wild animals are being encroached on in their own habitat. You get where I'm going here? You ever hit a deer? I have. Only going about 40 MPH. Had my wife, son and grandson in the car. Did 4500 bucks damage. I wonder what that outcome would have been had I been racing someone in the other lane approaching or exceeding triple digits? What about other people on the road?

For this thread to have gone this far, IMO is a mistake and it oughtta be closed and deleted. As responsible people committed to the continuation of our hobby, we shouldn't even be having this discussion. Because having and allowing it is the same as condoning it.

Yes, I have raced on the street. I am man enough to admit my stupid mistakes. We all do stupid things in our youth. It's what we learn from those mistakes that we try to pass on to our young people now. You only have one life and it's yours to do with as you please. But, when you impose the possibility of you hurting others that's a different story altogether. Your rights end where someone else's begin. That is up to and including passengers in your car.
x2 let me ask u street racers out there what happens when a van with a famly pulls outta no where at 130 u ether trun and flip or u hit them been there done that never agin get a life take it to the track save a life it mite be urs as far as the roll bar thing well i dont think it would pass but i dont know much but them i gave up racing after all that

All I can say is that when the street racers start dropping from this site like flies then there will be no remorse from me...Call me spiteful, vindictive if you will, evil if you must. but its going to take one of you or one of your friends getting killed to make you understand, and dont try to pull this "Oh I race in memory of my best friend that got killed doing it." Because I used to do it under the same deceptive veil. You can make excuses and rationalize it all you want but in reality I highly doubt your late friend would want you making his mistakes in his memory. I would blame parenting but I wasnt raised to race illegaly..I did it out of my own stupidity and it almost cost me a lot.

All I can say is that when the street racers start dropping from this site like flies then there will be no remorse from me...Call me spiteful, vindictive if you will, evil if you must. but its going to take one of you or one of your friends getting killed to make you understand, and dont try to pull this "Oh I race in memory of my best friend that got killed doing it." Because I used to do it under the same deceptive veil. You can make excuses and rationalize it all you want but in reality I highly doubt your late friend would want you making his mistakes in his memory. I would blame parenting but I wasnt raised to race illegaly..I did it out of my own stupidity and it almost cost me a lot.
That was my point to get ur own lol

whats all that got to do with if his roll bar will work?

Well, the htread DID expand into the topic of streetracing which, BTW, I didn't even try to address prior to its "turn".
The OP asked, got his opinion, then proceeded to broach a topic that hits a nerve to some of the older, more experienced memebers here. WE've all voiced our opinions, but somehow the pros-'n-cons of the topic got sidetracked & a Mod asked if it should be deleted or closed. I voiced my opinion---you don't like it, not my problem..........

-
Back