Would you be upset, should I be?

-
Had a similar experience. Sold an air cleaner to a member, get a PM from someone I dont know asking about shipping and everything like he just bought it. I proceed to tell him Rainy was first with a PM, and get called a cheat and everything else. The kicker, I didnt even know who he was!

The internet kinda of make things tougher than it use to be when buying a part. Few years ago at the Don Garlits swap meet/car show, I was waliking by a vendor that was talking to a guy about a 400 block and 440 steel crank (451), The block had the mains cut already to fit the 440 crank. What stopped me in my tracks is when he tells the guy $175.00! I wanted to jump and say I"LL TAKE IT! But that wouldn't be the right thing to do, so I waited and was hoping he wouldn't buy it. So I wait, and when I hear the buyer say, "Well I'll think about it, " and says Thanks and walked away. He hadn't cleared the vendors area by a couple of feet, When I told him, I'll take it! And I did. The block had been cleaned and new cam bearings, freeze plugs and painted! What a deal!
Now here comes the internet and this site and others like this. Some people think an inquiry should hold an item till they say no, while others are sending PM's trying to buy it from under the original posters, others are making offers for less than the seller wants. Still others ask you to hold it till their hunch back brother straightens up and they'll have the money. I think after dealing with this and watching others. The best approach is to lay down your course of action in the For Sale ad, First come first sale or I will not hold this item, no trades, Pay Pal with or without PP fee's , Money order Only, ETC.

People can be real A-holes over getting a deal on car parts.

A guy that I believe frequents thi forum occasionally, and who makes his money flipping Mopar parts, snapped at me at a swap meet earlier this year.

A guy pulls up with a trailer of trans stuff, and I had been hunting an Abody 4spd. So as I'm standing there looking over the stuff, along with several other shoppers, the aforementioned guy asks the owner of the parts what he wants for the 4spd trans, in a very quiet tone. I can't quite here the owners response, so I politely ask "what was the price again". To which "guy" rudely snaps back "I'm making a deal here!". This pissed me off, so I simply responded "my hands aren't in your pocket". And I walked back to my vending spot.

Now he came up to me and apologized a few hours later, which I do appreciate, but the impression was already made. Is the guy a bad person? No, I don't believe so. Did he overreact? Yes, I think so.

I've seen this a lot at swap meets. Everybody wants to get the best deal, which I get. However, I think we should make an effort to be cordial and understanding of each other. Especially considering our shared interests.

There are a few shows that I vend at and have for years. It's the same at every event. When I (and others) pull in the gate pulling my 7x14 enclosed trailer, the locust or buzzards come a running, just so they can get first shot and try and low ball the hell out of you. I just park the trailer and leave it locked up. I'm usually there early and can wait them out.

I heard you can say just about anything about a person and get away without seeming like an A hole by saying "Bless their heart" at the end.

What a selfish crybaby dick, bless his heart. :D
I prefer the No Offense version as in No offense but your sure a dick eh !

at a sawp, if I am interested in a part, I pick it UP, it is in my HAND< I ask the price when convenient for the vendor. something heavy like a trans, well I ain't that strong!!!!!! ha
I am careful how is use the word GOD, I believe him HIM and I figure if I wrong someone and use His name, I can get burned!

with all due respect ..........

Respond with:

"You're the nicest pr!ck that I ever met".... :D

They will be so confused when you compliment and insult them at the same time... Watch the look on their face.... :(

Last edited:
Should I be upset?
No and F#%^ him.

There are many places to spend and get perfectly good NEW parts.
He can't drive his car?
The problem is in his mirror!

-
Back