Would you treat a customer this way?...

-
Brand new guy comes in and posts a complaint, sounds like a ringer to me....:happy10: He could have asked where to get X but no he has to explain why he did what he did.....and got a nasty email...boo ******* who, who cares.

Hasnt everyone here been new at some point? Hell, Ive been here 4 months and I still consider myself a newbie. Youve been here a month and choose to comment on someone else being new? Thats a laugh and a half! Who cares? Did you bother to read all of the posts in this thread? Seems like a whole lot of people care, or are their opinions just dismissed because they arent the same as yours?

OHD you should watch your language,this is a respectable family board. Nobody wants your childish pouting about real or unreal customers on here.Why dont you go join another board,and leave the good people on this one alone.:thebirdm:

U should have seen that there is no carb parts for sale.. You were just wasting there time.. I agree with the vendor

OK! Pardon me all to hell if I ask a stupid question.....

Why is it "Carburetors and More" if it's JUST CARBURETORS?

Post a pick of the carb top and I'll see if I have one.... You can also have somone with a tig torch heliarc that dude.

I do not even bother to answer emails unless it is a REAL customer.

If they do not have the time or money to make a telephone call, then explain in detail what they want, they sure as crap don't have the money to buy anything from me and probably would not know how to use it anyway.

Nice try though....:cheers:

Brand new guy comes in and posts a complaint, sounds like a ringer to me....:happy10: He could have asked where to get X but no he has to explain why he did what he did.....and got a nasty email...boo ******* who, who cares. He could have used his time better just calling the guy, but no has to try to blast the guy on the internet..

Busy people do not have time to chit chat with internet guys...or repeat what is clearly stated on his website..

I think I will call them and see what they got in split dominators, need a couple...

Try National Carb in FL they will fix you right up, there poster...feel better now...

Did we forget to take our happy pills today? Man what attitude!

Sure wish I knew how to tell "real" customers from fake ones just by an email. Just think of all the countless hours of typing up quotes and doing research that I could save by avoiding those fake customers who prefer to write rather than call me when they have a question about my services!

I'm with Badawg once again on this one. It's part of the price you pay having your own business. If you don't devote the necessary time and attention to EACH ONE who contacts you -- even if it takes a bit of hand-holding and explaining a few things -- that one guy you upset will turn into dozens ... or hundreds ... or thousands.

I like my five-star feedback. I also like to think it got that way in the first place because of how I handle my potential customers both before AND after they ship their parts. They could choose from hundreds of powder coaters ... but I want them to keep choosing me. And I want them to tell all their friends, coworkers, track buddies, drinking pals and anyone who'll listen to choose me too.

At least until I get my fake-customer-spotting crystal ball fixed. :-D

If they do not have the time or money to make a telephone call, then explain in detail what they want, they sure as crap don't have the money to buy anything from me and probably would not know how to use it anyway.

Brand new guy comes in and posts a complaint, sounds like a ringer to me....:happy10: He could have asked where to get X but no he has to explain why he did what he did.....and got a nasty email...boo ^$%^&$ who, who cares. He could have used his time better just calling the guy, but no has to try to blast the guy on the internet..

Busy people do not have time to chit chat with internet guys...or repeat what is clearly stated on his website..

I think I will call them and see what they got in split dominators, need a couple...

Try National Carb in FL they will fix you right up, there poster...feel better now...

Actually their website says no walkins welcome and they are really pimping the online sales... Just wanted to point that out, Real or not money spends the same whether it was on the internet, phone or in person.

Additionally, a customer is a customer and flaming one person whether it is in person, internet or phone is not in the best interest of your company. Especially when the internet nowadays spread so far. 7,000 members here alone now think this guy/gal or company is a weeney.

But in there defense... They also got 7,000 peolple talking about them now. Of course it sounds like most of us would rather eat paint chips then deal with someone who has the social skills of a rattle snake.

For sale.
one fake-customer-spotting crystal ball. All I sell is fake-customer-spotting crystal balls. I don't sell fake-customer-spotting crystal ball parts or offer advice on getting your old fake-customer-spotting crystal ball working again. the price is $500 and no I don't give discounts on my fake-customer-spotting crystal balls.

Sorry Cudachick, that phrase made me do it.

Ohhhhhhhh God that was funny!!!

Thanks for a bright spot in an otherwise overcast, cloudy thread. You're a doll!!!!!!

Chuck Rosa of Carburators and More is a moronic, conceited asshole, but then again I've been told that I can be one to. I'm on a mission let the e-mail slinging begin.:angry7::toothy10:

Terry

For sale.
one fake-customer-spotting crystal ball. All I sell is fake-customer-spotting crystal balls. I don't sell fake-customer-spotting crystal ball parts or offer advice on getting your old fake-customer-spotting crystal ball working again. the price is $500 and no I don't give discounts on my fake-customer-spotting crystal balls.

Sorry Cudachick, that phrase made me do it.

That's actually very funny but you forgot the part about not accepting Paypal or credit cards, only cash.:toothy10:

Terry

Well, five hundred bucks is a little steep anyway Terry. Maybe I'll email Chuck (or is it Linda?) and see if they have any parts laying around ... might not fit an old Carter but I can always modify it to fit my broken crystal ball.

Passin' Belden the Mother's polish. If you rub 'em really hard, that works on EVERYTHING. :-D <duckin and runnin>

Whewww I'm tired ... can't wait to see what you guys come up with between now and the morning!!! Also wish I was a bug on the carb guy's shoulder to get a glimpse at some of the nice emails he'll no doubt be getting.

Chris, you sure know how to get some people fired up with a first post! And that Chevy lover awhile back thought her first appearance got a lot of attention -- pffffffft. LOL!!!!

Passin' Belden the Mother's polish. If you rub 'em really hard, that works on EVERYTHING. :-D <duckin and runnin>

Chris, you sure know how to get some people fired up with a first post! And that Chevy lover awhile back thought her first appearance got a lot of attention -- pffffffft. LOL!!!!

Speaking of that Chevy lover.... What got into her? Oh now I remember.... Something that got her pregnant! OMG Speaking of MOther's POlish... LMAO!

How do you know if the customer is real if you dont talk to them ? I answer every email I get, whether its some one inquiring about work, a part or to call me names.

Everyone emails knows, were have you been. Its not a telephone world anymore.

Brand new guy comes in and posts a complaint, sounds like a ringer to me....:happy10: He could have asked where to get X but no he has to explain why he did what he did.....and got a nasty email...boo ******* who, who cares. He could have used his time better just calling the guy, but no has to try to blast the guy on the internet..

This is pretty funny coming from someone that joined a car forum and went straight to the politics forum. And its not like you joined 1 year ago, Whats it been a month?

I work 12hrs a day, I have a wife and 2 children and I still find time to answer threads, PM and emails.

How do I get these spots off my crystal balls? :fball::fball:

You should have purchased the deluxe models that included the protective cup. Before you ask the answer is

NO the cup is not sold seperately.

How do I get these spots off my crystal balls? :fball::fball:

My best geuss would be to use penicillin. Also, I keep emailing 65cudavpt about the fake-customer-spotting crystal ball and hes not getting back to me. Maybe I myself am a fake customer and dont know it.

The only thing I can say in response to your posts: You are one stupid business person.

Your attitude and ridiculous rationale are why you will never be successful at what you do. You have ZERO understanding of how to build a business or make $. there is NOTHING you can say that will excuse poor customer service. If you don;t have the time to answer a simple e-mail, then you need to budget your time better throughout the day and take a course on time management.

All I can say, is that i hope everybody on this board has enough integrity and self respect to avoid you and any vendor like you.

You don't get it, and judging by your Ignorant posts, you never will. I hope you and your business fail miserably.

My best geuss would be to use penicillin. Also, I keep emailing 65cudavpt about the fake-customer-spotting crystal ball and hes not getting back to me. Maybe I myself am a fake customer and dont know it.
I need to prove they work, so I'm not answering any emails just to be safe.

"You don't get it, and judging by your Ignorant posts, you never will. I hope you and your business fail miserably"

I have done it this way for 45 years in business there bucko, I was and am very comfortable with what I have earned, wanna compare??? I have it ,I don't need anymore and if someone whats what I have they have to call so I know what they need....no 2-3-5 -10 emails from tire kickers...

and as one so wisely stated: "How do you know if you have a customer unless you talk to them".

My thoughts EXACTLY.... and how many cars can you paint over the internet or TELEPHONE?

This whole thread was started with a false pretense, the crowd fell right into line, This guy is NOT A CUSTOMER, just information seeker...BIG DIFFERENCE.......:cheers:

Those who find out EXACTLY what they need and call get EXACTLY what they want, for a much better price. REAL SIMPLE HUH?

If not they have to pay for the knowledge of others to help them out and pay higher prices. (Usually they just go to the internet and cry about that bastard seller not holding their hand and giving them the part...)

The internet is just like the yellow pages only with more crap to wade through...:toothy10:

and as one so wisely stated: "How do you know if you have a customer unless you talk to them".

My thoughts EXACTLY....

This whole thread was started with a false pretense, the crowd fell right into line, This guy is NOT A CUSTOMER, just information seeker...BIG DIFFERENCE.......:cheers:
Wrong - he wasn't seeking information - he was very specific with exactly what he needed, and if the part wasn't available, he also inquired about repair work. In this hobby, it is VERY common to ask for rare/unadvertised parts, because more than likely, it the guy's been rebuilding carbs for 40 years, he's got some spare parts laying around.

You're a grumpy old man, and I'd be more than happy to compare successes. I can tell you this - by time I'm your age, my success will have surpassed yours 10 fold - for the mere fact that I'm intelegent enough to recognize potential sales, word of mouth advertising, and general good business practices. But if your satisfied being a judgmental, old grump that has made enough $ just to get by - more power to you.

In addition, if you had any desire to get with the times, old man, you'd realize that a dialog via e-mail can be a lot more efficient and effective than a telephone conversation. It's a lot faster to open, read and respond to an e-mail, than it is to listen to a 30 minute explanation of one's needs/problems. not to mention, if the person truly is a "information seeker" rather than a potential client, you can easily go on to the next e-mail and disregard it entirely. Now if that same person calls you and takes 20 minutes of your time for nothing else but information... see where I'm going here?

OHD you are so full of crap your breathe stinks! First you respond to this thread as if you are just another anonymous member, Rumble then calls you out, all along you NEVER come out and say that you actually are the person/company that Chris started this thread about. Must be REALLY proud of what you are and what you do seeing as you chose to try and hide from the word go. Get a clue and realise that you are not doing your customers a favor by servicing them, you are simply doing your job. They are the ones that are doing YOU a favor! Although Im sure there will be atleast a few less customers based on the business philosophies that you have been so kind to share with us all here.

Sincerely,
Another mooche/wannabe mechanic :-D

OHD isn't the vendor in question - this bonehead is from MD, and the vendor is in TX. It's just a coincidence that they're both old, ignorant, grumps.

-
Back