Would you wear purple for me?

-

cricket

Rubberqueen
Reaction score
A couple of years ago, March 26 was dubbed International Epilepsy Day. A ten year old girl from Nova Scotia started it all, wanting to make the world aware of the epileptic condition.

I have had epilepsy since I was ten years old. Luckily, my seizures are very minor compared to most, but it has made a big difference in my life and how I live it. My seizures started when my grandmother died, and got worse right after my high school sweetheart was killed. I called them dizzy spells. Doctors thought it was all psychological, and that once I got over the traumatic losses, I'd be fine. But, no, they just continued to effect my life.

The biggest seizure I ever had happened about 5 years ago, when I was sitting at the bar with Jeff, waiting for dinner to arrive. Knocked me out cold for 12 minutes. I spent four days in the hospital. But, good came out of that, as I met a new doctor who really cared about me, and he put me on a medication that worked for me. Well enough, that I was able to get my first drivers license, at the age of 38! That's when Jeff bought me the Duster.

Anyway, there is still so much to be learned about epilepsy, and so many who do not understand that epilepsy is a condition, not a disease. And we are trying to spread the word.

On March 26, we ask all our friends to wear purple in recognition of Epilepsy Day. Whether it be a purple shirt, a purple pin, purple socks, doesn't matter, just something to recognize our special day.

My local friends here have all supported me in doing so, and I thought I'd pass the word around elsewhere as well.

Many thanks and much love to all,

Cricket

Not a problem here! I might suggest bumping the thread around the 24th of the month.

Sorry to hear about your "condition" glad though that it sounds like it pretty well managed for you.

Sounds like a great thing to do, Cricket.

I don't know if I even have anything purple, I may have to borrow a Minnesota Vikings shirt from my buddy. I'll just turn it inside out :-D. Can't be seen wearing something that isn't 49er's colours.

I'm gonna send you a PM, there is a couple questions that I have that you may have some knowledge about.

Cheers.

Cricket, I am busting out my old fraternity tie (Royal Purple & Old Gold) just in your honor and will wear it on March 26th. Now, I just have to find a place to wear it to that day. ;)

IMG_2409.jpg

Thanks for the moral support guys.
The miracles of modern medication are astounding..

You know I like purple, baby.

XXOO, honey

LCjeff/ Aka Cricket's prey

Ps where's that sex wax shirt hon?

PPS $40,000 for four days, It was well worth it.....

We'll be doing the same in your honor, cricket. And I won't have to convince Nella to wear some purple either, it's her favorite color!!! It's a great cause, and thanks for sharing your story!! Geof

You got it,as a matter of fact i wear it everyday its one of the colors in my uniform..now i'll think of you:-D:-D

Here's a great website explaining just what Epilepsy is. And of course a little reminder of Friday's Purple day. Thank you, my dears!

-
Back