Wow, can't believe how much these have gone up...

-

Brooks James

VET, CPT, Huey Medevac Pilot
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
....good quality original upholstery covers for my 70 Dart,
$$550 front cover
$350 rear cover
Tax $90
Almost a thousand bucks.
I don't remember that they were that expensive 2 yrs ago.
i will be keep this car and passing it to my son and won't cheap out

Chit. My best local prices like 5 years ago on Vixen was 700 each for the front and back. Makes you wanna do everything yourself.

I just paid $900 to have the rear bench rebuilt/recovered to match my procars.

IMG_5895.jpeg

Are we talking buying covers from a place like Legendary, or having them custom made at a shop?

I have a set of Legendary upholstery for a 69 Dart Swinger bench seat in black and they are on back order, probably for quite a while. I priced them because there is someone interested in them, $601.99 for front, $422.99 for rear. They show a discount to $546.99 and $383.99 though. I told him $750 for the set delivered. A buddy just bought a front bench for the same car already recovered with head rests for $1300 and was glad to get it!

Having them scratch built at a shop can be dicey unless you know the quality of the shop. An old mom and pop shop may only charge $50 an hour + materials but even then, a $500 cover with the correct color and grain is pretty reasonable. My buddy does high end custom upholstery. Like scratch built interiors for show cars. He charges $100/hour and he is a Legendary dealer. He says he can't do them himself for the price you pay.

20200506_180557.jpg

20200607_162525.jpg

27867574_1657626020962647_4323247053217817449_n.jpg

Legendary
I priced a set for my '71 Demon. $1500 Canuck bucks plus shipping and brokerage. Guessing close to a cool 2K when everything is said and done. I'm going to hit up a local shop for a price..........As long as the pattern is relatively close and tight, I'm going to let price prevail.

around Christmas each year Legendary does a 25% off sale if you can wait that long.

You are right to "not cheap out". I had a set of legendary bench seat covers and a seam split after 3 years. They had me take the affected cover off and ship it back and they fixed it all making sure of an exact color match and shipped it back, and reimbursed the shipping to them. No muss, no fuss, no questions.

The quality of the covers is excellent.

DSC04496.JPG

I’m glad I got my Legendary Auto Interior at YearOne when they were offering 30% off discount. I think Legendary Interiors are discount exempt now. Shipping wasn’t too bad back then.

My Satellite interior was a thousand almost 10 years ago.....and that was on a 25% off and free shipping sale!

...and I didn't even get the buddy seat cover, just buckets and rear bench.

I waited a year to get my Legendary front bucket covers. They are nice but I wouldn't say perfect. That said I seriously doubt an upholstery shop could reproduce them for less. Recovering seats is an expensive proposition.

Even 10 years ago, they were out of stock of 73 covers, so I went with 74.
It's actually a softer grain, and I like it.

I priced a set for my '71 Demon. $1500 Canuck bucks plus shipping and brokerage. Guessing close to a cool 2K when everything is said and done. I'm going to hit up a local shop for a price..........As long as the pattern is relatively close and tight, I'm going to let price prevail.
Yup as a fellow Canuk I can relate. The left dishonourable prime peckerhead of Canada, daesh dustbin turdo is not helping the issue one bit. Between the exchange rate, any customs duties and shipping we are on the hook for at least 50% over the American cost. Leaves you feeling like you sat on a downed log for a dump when it broke and dropped you into the wild roses under.

Yup as a fellow Canuk I can relate. The left dishonourable prime peckerhead of Canada, daesh dustbin turdo is not helping the issue one bit. Between the exchange rate, any customs duties and shipping we are on the hook for at least 50% over the American cost. Leaves you feeling like you sat on a downed log for a dump when it broke and dropped you into the wild roses under.
Don't bend over

My wife is a quilter, and she is VERY good at it. She has enough fancy sewing machines that her sewing rooms look like a machine shop....lol. She also has one of those big industrial Juki sewing machines that could sew through a car tire. My plan is, to buy the material I need and then tell her "I don't think you'd be able to make seat covers."

:lol:

I bought Legendary covers for my 70 Swinger. It was 1200 I think and that was on sale from Legendary in 2021. They are normally 1500 i think. I waited a few months for them also. Not quite 6 but it seemed like 6 with the COVID shutdowns etc. I recently did the back seat just followed their instructions on YT and am now starting the front split bench. Yup just getting around to it and had the covers in boxes for almost 2 years LOL! The planning phase took a little time I wanted to do it as a winter project body work gets done in fair weather.

-
Back