WOW.... Guess who i'm NOT using.

-

68-GTS

Super " Senior " Member
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA"]FedEx Guy Throwing My Computer Monitor - YouTube[/ame]

I would be pissed! I would make the company pay for the shipping that it cost me and the product I purchased! its video evidence!

if you really want to stur up the ****,contact the local TV station and show them the clip and get them to post it on the local news and call fedex to watch it,you want to see people flying around for damage control,it will work wonders.And send the clip to the head office to make sure they know and tell them how you intend to get a lawyer and get the monitor replaced,and all the people at fedex that did not want to help you,mrmopartech

Ohhhhhhhhh great, I see this mere minutes after FedEx shows up to fetch an old -- and now custom restored -- Radio Flyer trike on its way to Pennsylvania. << prayin to the shipping gods that it arrives intact >>

That's exactly why I won't have anything shipped FedsEx... One way or another you're getting bent over :finga:

couple stories involving them :

In the mid 90's my dad was helping me build a Go-Kart, he ordered a nice rear axle setup for the kart and Fedex lost the package several times. The 4th or 5th time we got an empty box that had been torn open (no axle inside). My dad ordered another one, requested it be shipped UPS and sent the bill for everything to FedEx :D

A few years back I ordered a Ignition Module for a customer's car I was working on, FedEx delivered it to another garage nearly 70 miles away (names were nowhere near the same, and the towns were nowhere near the same either) They wouldn't make it right, I ended up eating that cost and had to buy yet another module, plus shipping.

Ordered some christmas presents a few years ago too, one was a fancy potato peeler thingy (hey, I'm not good with kitchen appliances. I call it as I see it, in this case "Potato Peeler Thingy" sounded about right). FedsEx threw it over the fence, where it smashed into the concrete porch and broke. The gate wasn't even locked (open partially, in fact. and it was only a few feet to the front door), I was inside the house taking my lunch break. They just jumped out of the truck, winged it over the fence and left in a hurry.

Sad thing, UPS is no better and tougher to deal with on insurance claims in my dealings with them.

Same with USPS. Just got a big drill bit set that was all bent up and hanging out the box when I got it. Had to bend it back in to shape.

Well the delivery guy obviously didnt give a crap. Sad to say,but employee attitude starts with the employer..

Years ago, when CRT monitors were still the norm, we ordered up a 21" for a customer. At that time our cost was around $1400. Our normal UPS guy knew to deliver to the back door, but on this day a "temp" was filling in. We watched brown pull up to the front, and then watched as he struggled to get that heavy, bulky box it through the little door in his truck from the back portion to the driver compartment. By this time, 3 of us were watching and laughing as he put it down next to his driver's seat, where it promptly rolled down the couple of stairs of his truckl and landed on it's side on the sidewalk. We waited until he fought it through out front door, and came over for the obligatory signature. Needless to say, it was loaded back up into the truck. At first he tried to deny, but realized the futility of that when he saw the tears of laughter in our eyes.

Grant

Looks like he had enough training to fling it in to the grass and not on the driveway. lol

probably survived...they are packed pretty well, but Im sure that's not what you all want to hear. It is bad. Could have been a 3rd attempt when the customer promised he would be home or some BS. I get it all the time in the phone repair biz..."ill be there in 10 minutes.." 30 later i'm eating my lunch and they stroll up...They say 10 minutes, I say Im gone in 15, they quickly change their ETA to 30.....and they made the appt!

-
Back