WOW, what a deal!

-
My son and I picked this up this 74 Swinger with a 318/904, as a "father / son project" about 3 years ago for $1000. Original owner wanted $1500 but took less because cash was on me. That Duster looks like a great starter car. I'd love to have it!

Attachments

• 100_5348.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 310
  • 100_5349.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 311
I paid 1900 for mine 318 roller motor ralleys 8 1/4 sure grip and Still yet to see a better deal. Oh ya, no RUST!!!! and Original paint

Button that is so cool. I remember your post when you and you son started on your project. It looks like you have been busy. I hope that it has been a "project" for bonding. Looks great!!

P.S. My son is stationed in Kileen:) 3 months out of the sand box.

Thanks 63dartman, we haven't had much time (he plays travel team baseball), money, or space to do a whole lot this last year, but at least he has a MOPAR for the future to work on! He wants to take Automotive Tech at Central Texas College and Texas A&M after H.S. He is best in his class right now (teachers pet, haha) and really enjoys working on cars/bikes. I believe this car was the start of his interest!

well, make sure if you go look at it, you see how bad the passenger side frame rail is.................

as if you look in the pics, the inner fender on that side is kinked very bad.that is like those insurance commercials. they repaint a car that burned up, and instead, say, " fresh paint".! this one is un-restored, but wrecked in front, now says" new face-lift

340, your right. I didn't see how bad the front bumper is "tweeked" Looks like it got hit pretty hard:) also looks like it took a hit in the back too. Thanks:)

Button,
I used to live in Copperas Cove and worked for my "Uncle" at Hood. Is the Gibson store still on hwy 190? The Army dropped us at Hood for a few months so we would feel at home in the heat after the Nam. Now they do the same for the boys from the Middle East. You guys stole that Swinger. Dan

well, make sure if you go look at it, you see how bad the passenger side frame rail is.................

as if you look in the pics, the inner fender on that side is kinked very bad.that is like those insurance commercials. they repaint a car that burned up, and instead, say, " fresh paint".! this one is un-restored, but wrecked in front, now says" new face-lift

the previous owner of my Duster hit a pole with it years ago- he replaced the fender but the bumper still shows the damage from the accident. Not that bad, but bent. Inner fender is fine.
When we were rebuilding the car this summer (actually, just after we set the motor and tranny in) we noticed a kink in the k-member. Turned out that the frame rail (also passenger side) was in a whole inch from the back of the k-member to the front.
So, yeah, I'd bet that that one (with inner fender damage like that) is gonna need some love too.

I may have just had a bad tire at one time but yeah, take a good look before you buy.

there still out there i bought my 76 dart sport unmolested running driving car for $500

-
Back