Wow, what a difference!! Super stock springs!!

-
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
I'm currently running two passenger side 2800 lbs Super Stock springs on my 1970 440-6 'Cuda. This was at the recommendation of Dr Diff.

I tried the 3600 lbs once years ago, which are supposed to be correct for my car, but they made it ride like an empty bedded pick-up truck.

The 2800 lbs passenger side SS springs are perfect for my big block 'Cuda. I do have headers, aluminum heads and an aluminum water pump, so the car should be about 3600 lbs wet.

The handling, launch and ride are the best I have ever had in this car. I do have AFCO double adjustable shocks all the way around.

The thing just squats, weight transfers and hooks up HARD!

I highly recommend the combination.

Here's a picture of the car at full throttle, with the original 4 speed, in 3rd gear with 3.54's pulling away at 70+ mph.......BTW it pulls over 700+hp.

I've since put in a set of Dana 3.73's and a Passon 5 speed. It's downright sinister now! You can feel all four tires twisting in weird contortions as it just dead hooks (once rolling). All I can say is thank God for subframe connectors and Mighty Mount motor mounts. The car is a high 10 second vehicle capable of burying the 150 MPH speedo and wanting another gear.

Very slick. :burnout:

I've been running 002/003 in my dart for a few years now. they will settle down a bit. go drive the car and don't worry about the height, It will settle and you will forget all about the first few days !!

Here's mine. Pics are from last month. I am running a 15x7 rear wheel though ...

Attachments

• IMG_223405258155528.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_223369502919656.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 313
ss springs were made for a purpose

and it wasnt "cosmetic performance"

personally, i loved my wrangler because i never had to worry about speed bumps lol.

on my duster after spending 99999999 million dollars or whatever to get it restored i'm not about to lower it all to the ground for the current fad trend look so that i can pop off my oil pan drain plug on a speed bump or yank off the exhaust or whatever else might happen if i hit a piece of gaterback left on the highway by a rig.

SS springs are there to stay on the back, stock ride height front.

p.s. someone was asking the part numbers they are P3412002 , P3412003
cost $127 per side on Jegs
$254 total and if you add a offset shackle kit from dr. diff you will be right around $350
long mopar performance shocks (P4529514 $45 at mancini) another $90

so for about $440 you have it all done
compare that to a hotchkis kit or cowtracks or one of those others lol

It looks good Geof. I would lower the front torsion bars a bit. I like when the rear is slightly higher than the front.

Wow, this car just keeps going up!! Had a set of new shocks so I threw them on the front and back, now the front is up more also!! I think it evened it out a bit, but man is it higher than it was just yesterday with all of those old components! I guess next is the sway bar disc setup I planned on swapping on, and a front end rebuild!! Probably get me lookin like a monster mudder!!! :)

Before the new shocks.....

SS springs are for drag racing. Adding a sway bar and or lowering blocks is defeating the purpose.

SS springs, /6 bars, drag shocks, and a snubber is the set-up for those springs.

Welcome to the stink bug look. :)

DONT DO ANYTHING. The springs will settle. This is why racers get their springs refreshed every five years. They are at their best right now. If this were a race car, you'd be hookin better now than ever!

I've been running ss springs for years on the street with no problems. :evil3:

Maybe I should have said street or strip. Alot of folks are running them on the street. But if your running them with lowering blocks and sway bars, your defeating the purpose of them.

Yes, they can be used on the street if set up right, but the main purpose and design, was for hooking at the strip.

I've got them on my Dart Sport, and i couldn't be happier with them. i bought the M.P. shocks as well.
But then again, i love the old school look......:burnout:
There's more pics in my build thread of the installation.

Attachments

• 20140805_64.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 20140805_65.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 319
I'm leaving everything like it is right now! It'll settle and ill be perfectly happy! Gonna drop the 340 in it for a while and test them out!! First things first though, the new windshield is next!!

Thanks for all the replies everyone, its great to hear every bodies opinions and experience! That's what makes this site so great!!! Geof

I would flip the front hanger. ( requires slotting the holes in the body or the hanger ).
that will get you at least a 1" drop. did it to my Valiant and the Kids Dart.
I slotted the hanger and tacked in some grade 8 bolts.

Have you see these?

[ame]http://m.ebay.com/itm/321575018670?nav=SEARCH[/ame]

I think I saw your car on a TV show not long ago. After watching the segment I threw up and went out to my garage and threw rocks at my car. The cutouts were a nice touch. Nice 'Cuda.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em
I'm currently running two passenger side 2800 lbs Super Stock springs on my 1970 440-6 'Cuda. This was at the recommendation of Dr Diff.

I tried the 3600 lbs once years ago, which are supposed to be correct for my car, but they made it ride like an empty bedded pick-up truck.

The 2800 lbs passenger side SS springs are perfect for my big block 'Cuda. I do have headers, aluminum heads and an aluminum water pump, so the car should be about 3600 lbs wet.

The handling, launch and ride are the best I have ever had in this car. I do have AFCO double adjustable shocks all the way around.

The thing just squats, weight transfers and hooks up HARD!

I highly recommend the combination.

Here's a picture of the car at full throttle, with the original 4 speed, in 3rd gear with 3.54's pulling away at 70+ mph.......BTW it pulls over 700+hp.

I've since put in a set of Dana 3.73's and a Passon 5 speed. It's downright sinister now! You can feel all four tires twisting in weird contortions as it just dead hooks (once rolling). All I can say is thank God for subframe connectors and Mighty Mount motor mounts. The car is a high 10 second vehicle capable of burying the 150 MPH speedo and wanting another gear.

I put XHDs on my '69 Swinger and picked up 2 1/2 inches at the top on the rear wheel opening. Initially thought it was too high, but over the course of year and 1,200 +/- miles, the rear settled down, so the car has a nice rake to it.

-
Back