Wrecked Duster Stocker

-
I was at the 1000 foot area most of the day Saturday in Phoenix. Am I right in thinking it seemed the faster cars mostly used the "womp womp" method. Sometimes it was hard to tell which car was using it.

Everyone I know uses the throttle to slow down. I have seen a few guys use the brakes to drop someone but it's pretty rare around me.

Womp Womp seems to be the most used method in our area.
I try to have my Son drag the brake, but he insists on the Womp Womp.
I think its monkey see monkey do.

Back in my day, we would drag the brake, but we also dialed more honest then.
Everyone seems to hold a bunch now, which leads to Womp Womp & dumping your opponent.

I was at the 1000 foot area most of the day Saturday in Phoenix. Am I right in thinking it seemed the faster cars mostly used the "womp womp" method. Sometimes it was hard to tell which car was using it.

Easiest way to tell who is whomping is to look at the front fender right over the tire. You'll see it bouncing on the car whomping.

Personally, I whomp whenever possible, but I dial pretty close anyway. Only time I dump hard is if I have to spray and dump.

Ran over oil after engine sent parts threw the bottom end.
Walked away with no injury's.

Easiest way to tell who is whomping is to look at the front fender right over the tire. You'll see it bouncing on the car whomping.

Personally, I whomp whenever possible, but I dial pretty close anyway. Only time I dump hard is if I have to spray and dump.

Makes sense.I have been out of actively racing since 1999 so I have lost track of the little nuances it takes to win.

Ouch, that things track days are over. I've seen several close calls from people getting too grabby on the binders. Mine got sent into the ditch once when the rears locked up. I oppose guard rail past the stripe for that reason. Going into the dirt is way safer than a header into a wall.

I dial my car for dead on. E85 made the car deadly consistent.
The method that I use at the finish line is as follows:

If im the faster car and I catch the guy at half track or before, I just drive right past him to get out front. As we approach the finish line, I never lift the throttle, I only apply enough brake pressure to let him gradually catch me. I let him get as close to even as possible while still knowing I'm out front by a hair. I try to time that moment to happen VERY close to the finish line. That way the guys with the small nitrous bottles don't have enough room to bump the button then dump at the line when they get back around.

If I'm being chased, I use the same concept when I see that I'm gonna be first to the line.

As consistent as the car is, if the race is too close at the stripe to do this "brake drag", I just run it flat out and 7 or 8 outta 10 times, I get the win.

I have had very good luck racing with this braking method, and it is much safer.

I sure hope these folks can salvage the car or at least most of the goods to be used on another one.

-
Back