Wrecked Mopar cars by members

-
I went to the scene of a train wreck back in the late sixties in Batavia, NY. I got there before the police chased people out for stealing parts off from the cars that were wrecked. It was a site I will never forget seeing the car carriers loaded with nothing but mopars. I mean there were super bees. roadrunners, chargers, darts all crashed with most of them still in the car carriers. This was back when the cars were visible as they went by on the tracks. I wished I had taken pictures!!! I was about 17 or so at the time. I wonder, is there anyone out there that remembers this crash?

Man, those would be cool photos.
Sad, but cool.

There was a similar wreck with a load of Trans Am's & Z28 Camaros near where I lived in the late 1970's. Bunch of them totaled. I think one or two were donated to the local auto tech school. A friend of mine grabbed some wiring harness off of one of the cars before the wreck site was cleaned up. He had it in a box in his garage for years, then gave it to me when I rebuilt my bike. My Harley is completely wired with wire from a late 70's Trans AM. :toothy10:

That shouldn't be shared with anyone! LOL!

OHHHHH this thread has bad mojo all over it..

-RPM

That is the clean version of what I call it.

Man, those would be cool photos.
Sad, but cool.

Yes it would!

Here is my old Demon. Some lady forgot to :stop: :angry7:

Demon.jpg

Ben, that Valiant looks familar, now where have I seen it.......oh yea now I remember it's under my carport. The make over is at a standstill untill it warms up some.
Bob
ya heres my wall of shame, note the fender and grill off your car

!cid__downsized_0108001444.jpg

!cid__downsized_0108001444a.jpg

My brothers Savoy was hit at the track by a chevy piece of crap that came into my lane.

SAVOY_006.jpg

My brothers Savoy was hit at the track by a chevy piece of crap that came into my lane.

I don't understand why they don't put a concrete barrier between both lanes..... must be a safety issue or something.

My friend and I was watching Pinks and we both was asking ourselves the same question after a incident where both cars came together.

When I was 17 I was in my best friends yellow 73 340 Rally Challenger he stomped the gas to go around an old lady and lost it, went sideways into a tree on his side I flew into the backseat and hit my head on the pillar between the rear and side windows (no seatbelt law back then, 1982) My neck has never been the same. He became one of the most pissed off guys to hang out with after that, looking back I understand it a little more. That was his first car, he was 16.

No pics here either, in the spring of 73 my step dad had a 70 383/auto rr with the air grabber hood. I remeber him taking me street racing. Hed say "dont tell your mama cause she will flip". I remeber goin to Dexter mo.( about 25 miles away) and the speedo was sittin on 135 mph. mom was hollerin and I kept sayin go faster Ron. Go faster.

Anyway he sold it to a friend of his and he wrapped it around a big oak tree. It hit so hard it knocked the motor and trans out. He didnt survive it. I will never forget how that car looked.

But THAT car gave me the mopar life!!!!

That would be my worst nightmare, getting tagged by another car on the track. especially a G.M. UUUUUUGGGHHHHHHHHHHH.

I just remembered, My 73 Duster t-boned a late model car. He turned left in front of me thru a stop light. That Duster plowed that car to smithereens. I tweaked the front rail, and a little ripple in the inner fenders. The 5 m.p.h. bumpers, took up alot of the shock. I peeled the fenders, bumper, grill and hood off and put a 70 nose on it. It looked much better than ever. Also put new paint on it, Autumn Bronze Poly with a white Vinyl top and aluminium slots. i sold it to a guy at the carlisle show in '96, he was from N.Y. or new Englans states. Saw him 2 years later, he said he hit a deer with it and wiped it out pretty good.

Back in 88 I had a a 75 Duster and was broadsided at 45 mph by a driver who ran a light,no drivers license,and it was his friends car who was in the passenger seat.My car was totaled.

the car when i got it.
partscar.jpg

im going to have to play the 17 and stupid card here. made a left in front of someone. i honestly dont remember anything from 10 seconds before the crash or after. im assuming i just wasent paying attention being 17 and all. if the frame dident bent i would have beaten the fender out and drove it into the ground. anyway the lady i turned in front of was doing probaly 50 mph. i got hit in the right front and i got hit so hard my qaurter panel hit her car and i ended up 180 degrees from when i was hit. i would let to let you know 90% of the parts on that car were taken out and used sold or saved. anyway you probaly wont belive this but now that im 20 (almost 21) ive become a much much better driver. new drivers need to drive really carefully the first couple years. i wish i would have. anyway new drivers be carefull. please dont beat on me too much, my dads friends a big mopar guy and he just wont ever let this go, i have to hear about it every time i see him.

ebayphotos004.jpg

ebayphotos005.jpg

ebayphotos007.jpg

ebayphotos002.jpg

ebayphotos003.jpg

ebayphotos006.jpg

No wreck. But 2 close calls in one day two weeks ago.

Here's why. Both happened at 60+ mph. The sidewall and tread separation are highlighted on the top one, the one on the bottom was da spare (dispair??).

DSCN2185sh.JPG

IMG_6533s.JPG

Having my 69 Dart shipped from the midwest and the tractor trailer turned over 10 miles from my house..It landed upside down with the roof on the gaurdrail, still strapped down to the trailer...

No wreck. But 2 close calls in one day two weeks ago.

Here's why. Both happened at 60+ mph. The sidewall and tread separation are highlighted on the top one, the one on the bottom was da spare (dispair??).

Looks like dry rot with it cracked on the sides.

This makes me want to cry. At least the grille looks good.

Atleast you didn't get hurt. I know a guy who feel asleep coming home from work and just about lost his left arm from hitting a mailbox. He had the radio blasting and the widows down but it still wasn't enough.

Having my 69 Dart shipped from the midwest and the tractor trailer turned over 10 miles from my house..It landed upside down with the roof on the gaurdrail, still strapped down to the trailer...

That just sucks!!

Here's my '64.5 Barracuda in good times:

April_23_1992.jpg

And after a deer-caused rollover accident on the highway:

View_from_front.jpg

View_from_drivers_front.jpg

View_from_passenger_rear.jpg

My then-girlfriend and I were driving down the highway at about 70 mph when my headlamps illuminated a string of deer across the highway. I swerved...but the roads were lightly damp after a little misty rain, and my rear lost traction. Tires popped off the rims, rims dug into pavement, and we rolled. Hit the driver's corner of the roof, then landed on the passenger corner, then landed back on the wheels. Neither my GF nor I were seriously injured--mainly bumps and bruises with swelling.

About a month after the wreck, I was in the C-P dealership ordering my new Neon. I was graduating college, and had been planning to buy a new vehicle anyway...this just moved my purchase up a year or so.

She was built in March and arrived in April. Here's a picture from early on:

1J0_0002.jpg

And then after a deer ran out in front of me on the SAME highway at the SAME location where I rolled the Barracuda:

DSC00796_edited.jpg

DSC00803.jpg

DSC00804.jpg

DSC00903.jpg

Surprisingly little damage was found after peeling off the hood and driver's fender. There does not seem to be any damage beyond that bend you see in the inner fender. Radiator panel and headlamp bucket took most of the damage. If the airbags hadn't popped I think I could have convinced the insurance company to repair it.

I'm dropping a new radiator in it this week and hope to sell it to another board member who needs a more fuel-economical ride. It will be nice to see her on the road again...she's a good Plymouth.

What the hell were you guys doing that you could just leave it there?

It was in my buddy's field, he has something like 20 acres. We were going to take it to a pit to do mudding at around 2 am. That's the last time we drank tequila. Young Dumb and full of what we thought was fun. STUPID!!

chevy racing accident up the street from my house. 2 chevy's and a pontiac. Outcome? not good. My dad took the picts. It was ~ 1975

accident-2.jpg

accident-3.jpg

accident-4.jpg

pont1.JPG

grey3.JPG

-
Back