Wrong Inline Tubing Fuel Line

-

domdart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think Inline Tube sent me the wrong fuel line. The distance from the rocker to the sending unit is about 6" too much. I'm working on a 68' Dart. The packing list shows the correct part (68-69 Dart). The new line also hits the trunk floor. Anyone else get this line for their a body? Anyone else have this problem?

Attachments

• IMG_0961.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0962.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 352
Let me guess, Ebay said "Fits 68 Dodge Dart" next to the ad? :D

Kiddin ya.

If there's one thing I have learned over the years it would be that everything is a crapshoot till it's on the car like it belongs.

Sad, but true.

Do you have flaring capabilities?

I bought 3/8" fuel line from them in '06 and it fit pretty good, nowhere as different as what you show.
I bought transmission lines this year and one line was 45° off, called and they said it fit their pattern from a test car and they were all like that. Offered to take it back if I paid the $27 shipping. I rebent it and made it work...never again. In my eyes they are not what they used to be.

Good luck!

If that doesn't pan out, and you send it back, call finelines in ohio. They make all the lines for A bodys

The Inline Tubes brake line set that we got fit in much better than what you show. Just give 'em a call and send the pix.

I ordered brake and fuel lines. The brake lines fit fine. I'll see what Inline Tube will do this morning. I think they sent me a fuel line from a larger body style.

I had the same problem on the 3/8 fuel line I got from them for my 73 Dart Sport. Part numbers were correct for the car. It was about 4# too long. Chose a spot that would be good for an inline filter so everything ended up okay except for the bruise to Inline's reputation.

I ordered fuel and brake lines for a 78 warlock that im doing for my son, from inline, they don't fit like the originals had to rebend them and the brake lines for the rearend dint even come close to what I needed ,had to send them my originals so they could make them, I wont buy from inline tube again ,fine lines I never had problems with on any of my other cars.

While on the subject, I'm about to order brake and fuel lines. Who's product is better - fine lines or inline?

Hmmm from the comments about inline and fine lines I believe I would use fine lines. I got a set of brake lines for and early A while at the Nstionsls and they fit perfectly. I just put a detox 8.75 axles on from fine lines and they too fit perfect. I'd go with fine lines.

sent from my iPhone

I emailed the pics to Inline Tube. They said that they mistakenly sent me a b-body fuel line. They are sending me the correct fuel line today. There was no mention of sending the first one back. Inline Tube is taking care of the problem immediately at their cost. I'll let yinz know how the new line fits. Thanks everyone.

I had the same issue when I got one for my Dart Sport. They sent me one for a 111" A body. I called them and they sent me the correct one. Told me to keep the wrong one.

Ted

Just got my fuel line from Inline, they sent a vapor tube . Have no idea what body it fits but not mine. With modification I could make a vapor line for my car out of it. BUT , I ORDERED A FUEL LINE.

Today finally got my fuel line from Inline Tube . Appeared to be correct. Three hours later finally got it in place. Damn thing was three inches too long at a somewhat critical bend area. It was stainless steel . Anyone who has had to bend stainless will understand. I had to straighten my new tubing bender three times. After my above post and this I will never again want to get anything from Inline Tube!

Sorry Y'all have had issues.

I replaced all of my fuel and brake lines with In-Line pieces (standard steel) and thought the fit was good! A little tweak at the rear frame rails, but was very pleased! I could not have bent my own as cleanly and have the correct stone guards. Not sure how you placed orders but everthing I got was as ordered from "My completed online form". Worst I can say is the website stinks and having to do a form instead of just adding to my cart was a PITA!

-
Back