Status
Not open for further replies.

stickpony

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hi guys,

looking to buy my old man a retirement gift, his dream car, willing to pay top-dollar for the right car:

1966 Formula S Barracuda, Citron Gold paint, 4 barrel V8 Commando engine, 4-speed manual transmission, Citron Gold Interior. Looking for one in great condition.

Good luck on your search, hard to find...my dad still has his very first car!

20B063F6-0ADD-4DCB-ABD9-6BE836A85CB5.jpeg

1B3388D1-80AA-450B-A866-001ACE04A695.jpeg

Lots of 66’s for sale...might be easier to find one that’s solid and have it restored to match his original.

Member Capt46 has a car like what your looking for and it was for sale not to long ago. I'd start a conversation with him.

Member Capt46 has a car like what your looking for and it was for sale not to long ago. I'd start a conversation with him.

he sold it, and it had black interior and the 7 1/4 rear end and a racing stripe.. on top of the $24K he was asking, i would have had to spend another 6-10 grand to get all the parts i would need to convert the interior to citron gold. I would prefer to find a car with those original options, even if it needed mild restoration

Mine was Citron Gold, but I didn’t see anyone making interior trim in that color. Could go to a upholstery shop, I suppose, but, yikes, that would be expensive!

I have a 66 FS, 4 spd., disc brakes, console, fast ratio manual steering from CA that needs more than a mild restoration. Original buffed silver out, black interior both needing restoration. Legendary has citron gold interior available for this car.
PM if interested.

Mine was Citron Gold, but I didn’t see anyone making interior trim in that color. Could go to a upholstery shop, I suppose, but, yikes, that would be expensive!

was, i assume means you no longer have it :( ?

about half of the citron gold barracuda's were sold with gold interior, the other half with black

Something similar on ebay right now

was, i assume means you no longer have it :( ?

about half of the citron gold barracuda's were sold with gold interior, the other half with black
I stand corrected...what I could NOT find was the gold headliner, which Legendary does not catalog. Because of that, I went with a different scheme, olive carpet with white seats and door trims. I still have the car.

image.jpg

I stand corrected...what I could NOT find was the gold headliner, which Legendary does not catalog. Because of that, I went with a different scheme, olive carpet with white seats and door trims. I still have the car.

View attachment 1715286683

ahhh , lovely sir, interior looks very clean and classy. headliners are easy enough to do on your own, I did mine in my 2006 GTO, they sell the pre-foamed fabrics at Michaels and joann fabrics stores, in about 300 different colors and probblay 20 different oem textures, im sure you could find a match if you ever decided to go full Gold

Do you have a picture album of your car anywhere Cliff?

ahhh , lovely sir, interior looks very clean and classy. headliners are easy enough to do on your own, I did mine in my 2006 GTO, they sell the pre-foamed fabrics at Michaels and joann fabrics stores, in about 300 different colors and probblay 20 different oem textures, im sure you could find a match if you ever decided to go full Gold

Early A body headliners aren't anywhere close to your 06 GTO. They are all fabric and to be done properly the glass has to be removed.

Early A body headliners aren't anywhere close to your 06 GTO. They are all fabric and to be done properly the glass has to be removed.
ok, so you're saying theirs no way to extract the board through the doors, it has to come out through the glass?

ok, so you're saying theirs no way to extract the board through the doors, it has to come out through the glass?
There is no board, It's all fabric. You have to clip, stretch and glue. Quite difficult even for the upholstery shops.

IDK, man that one on ebay is exactly what you are asking for.

You may never find another one optioned that way.

If money is not much of an object, it's always good to have a plan B.

...and it's not terribly far from you all things considered.

What I don't see on that car is the typical rust under the quarter panel spear trim.

1966 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay

I was looking for a 66 Coronet 440 with a factory 383 and A/C.

I found one in 2004, and have only seen 1 other since.

IDK, man that one on ebay is exactly what you are asking for.

You may never find another one optioned that way.

If money is not much of an object, it's always good to have a plan B.

...and it's not terribly far from you all things considered.

What I don't see on that car is the typical rust under the quarter panel spear trim.

1966 Plymouth Barracuda | eBay

I was looking for a 66 Coronet 440 with a factory 383 and A/C.

I found one in 2004, and have only seen 1 other since.
Agreed. I didn't look too close cause I'm on my phone but for the price it looks like a keeper.

We did the headliner in my old '66 with all of the glass installed. It's a PITA, but not too bad to do. We had it installed in an evening. We also stitched it up using the old one as a pattern.

In my garage computer. One of these days, i’ll build a small album for my FABO profile page. Thanks.

I’m sure there will be a reason why it’s not the one to pull the trigger on. Our average is well below the Mendoza line on this topic....

I’m sure there will be a reason why it’s not the one to pull the trigger on. Our average is well below the Mendoza line on this topic....

the Mendoza Line? lol, i wouldnt go that far, but the ebay listing posted is silver, not Gold, and it has blue nterior, not gold, and its a regular fastback, not a formula S...

ok so yeah, youre right, below the mendoza line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back