-
Status
Not open for further replies.

1970boy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to buy a 1968 barracuda fastback console car, mainly looking for a driver or nice car between 12 and 20k I’m located in California near LA looking for cars in this area or surrounding states. No rust please. Looking for a 318, 340, 360 or even 383 car no 440’s or slants. If you can help me find a car it would be appreciated thanks in advance. If the deal is right wouldn’t mind having a car shipped from the east coast as long as it’s got no rust issues.

Just saw one on Facebook and it is here in CA (Sonoma County). '68 318 fastback, red. Check out the 67-69 Barracuda Owners Group on FB.
'68 Barracuda.jpg

Just saw one on Facebook and it is here in CA (Sonoma County). '68 318 fastback, red. Check out the 67-69 Barracuda Owners Group on FB.View attachment 1715284011
I’m currently talking to him and we are discussing price what would you say this car is realistically worth? He originally had the car up for 25k then I asked him for his reasoning behind the 25k and his response was well idk I’m more of a Chevy guy then he changed the ad price to 19,000 it looks to be a stock 318 and he sent some pics of it and looks like he reversed into something but I’m not sure

940E2098-8973-4092-BEBE-DA41A051156B.png

I’m currently talking to him and we are discussing price what would you say this car is realistically worth? He originally had the car up for 25k then I asked him for his reasoning behind the 25k and his response was well idk I’m more of a Chevy guy then he changed the ad price to 19,000 it looks to be a stock 318 and he sent some pics of it and looks like he reversed into something but I’m not sure

View attachment 1715284029
Just saw one on Facebook and it is here in CA (Sonoma County). '68 318 fastback, red. Check out the 67-69 Barracuda Owners Group on FB.View attachment 1715284011
Also strange he doesn’t mention the dent in the ad or provide pics unless asked for

All flaws should be shown in the ad, but that's the way it is sometimes. I'd say he's still high on his price. The upholstery needs some attention and that dent. I'd think in the $10-12k range tops, but I don't really follow the prices on these as I'm not in the market.

All flaws should be shown in the ad, but that's the way it is sometimes. I'd say he's still high on his price. The upholstery needs some attention and that dent. I'd think in the $10-12k range tops, but I don't really follow the prices on these as I'm not in the market.
That’s about exactly where I was on price I offered 11k at first when he had it up for 25k it’s a nice car but has it’s flaws and it’s not a formula s ,340 or 383 car he’s pushing towards 15 but I couldn’t justify 15 for this car. People want big money for these cars but usually lack attention to detail and without the details you don’t have a 25k car.

68 are harder to find than 67 and 69. If the body is rust free and no damage and interior was nice, I would say 15,000 may be up to 18,000 so deducted from their. The repair in the back, fix interior....

Last edited:
If it has absolutely no rust or frame issues...I say 11K to 14K. But it has to be clean, unmodified and rust free. treblig

68 are harder to find than 67 and 69. If the body is rust free and no damage and interior was nice, I would say 15,000 may be up to 18,000 so deducted from their. The repair in the back, fix interior....
If this was a 67 or 69 I say 11,000 to 14,000

If this was a 67 or 69 I say 11,000 to 14,000
So because it’s a 68 it’s valued a bit more due to rarity so between 15-18 if it were clean with no issues but also because it has the interior and dent issues, would you guys say 12-14 would be a good assessment? I’m just trying to see where I should cap out before I’m overpaying. Also keep in mind it’s a 318 car

6EE394BB-C983-4E1B-8582-016063A3093B.jpeg

Those '68 rear tail panels are hard to find in good condition and a little pricey when you do find them. No AC where I live would be a minus. You didn't state mileage?? Does the guy have the mechanical history (paperwork showing what's been worked on and when it was worked on). On these older cars you could drive it for one week then have the engine or trans go out on you. I would do my best to get it as cheap as possible. I paid 13K for a beautiful all original 318 1969 fastback Barracuda console auto...see pic "avatar" (6 years ago). No rust ever with all original panels, low mileage engine, very nice paint and tons of paperwork. The interior had already been redone. Treblig

Last edited:
The market is pretty poor for damaged cars. I would try and wait him out for awhile.

The market is pretty poor for damaged cars. I would try and wait him out for awhile.
Yeah no one wants to spend their time searching for parts when you could wait and find a car that’s not damaged. I’ll probably hold off for a bit then and look at other cars

Small things can add up quick in repair costs. Grilles and dash bezels. Both of these parts for repairs dominoes also. Easily into a grand or 2 if they need repairs and/or replacing. Wiring can add up as well.

I’ve seen the car and would value it at 14K
Not too interested in the car at this point unless he lowers the price a bit but has anyone looked at the white 68 fastback in the San Francisco Bay Area ? He has it up for 50k but wants people to make offers(he’s not serious about wanting 50k).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back