Not open for further replies.

bkbond12

Old ones need lovin too..
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hello Everyone,
I need a distributor and oil pump shaft for a 273 out of a 1966 Barracuda. I believe most any SBM will work, but I'm not a professional so someone let me know. I'm going to try and salvage my old pump shaft and cam gear, but might not be able to.

Also, I can get one from my local pick-n-pull for $25, but am not sure what years would interchange. So if someone could chime in that would be an option for me also.

Thanks,
-Travis-

Attachments

• IMG_0583.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0582.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 97
melling makes the oil pump shaft (M-72) most part stores should have one on the shelf I know mine does. distributor is small block mopar, single, dual and eletronic are different. but all will work in that engine.

I would be more concerned for the reason that happened.Is this a running engine?Did you change the timing.Maybe it kicked back?Did you just change the points and lose one of the screws in the distributor?

I would be more concerned for the reason that happened.Is this a running engine?Did you change the timing.Maybe it kicked back?Did you just change the points and lose one of the screws in the distributor?

Nope. I bought the car, put about 300 miles on it and had some a-hole stop short on me. I stood on the brakes and 1/2 mile later this happened.

Update:

I took the oil pump shaft to my brother and we used the mill at his shop to "drill" a hole in the broken slot. We then ran a tap down the hole and pulled the broken piece right out.

My uncle has a dizzy from a low mileage 318 we're going to put in and the brass guide looks good.

My local store ordered me the intake gaskets for $16 (had to pull it to get the oil pump rod out).

So for $16 and a little labor, I should have it up and running again.

I appreciate all the good responses and advice. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back