[WANTED] WTB 5/16 FUEL SENDING UNIT STRAINER (SOCK)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Contact seller
Hi Folks

Looking for a fuel sock for my 5/16 OEM fuel sender. I see 521 has them listed, but they are in Colorado, and the last thing I bought from that area went through California and got caught in a 6 week loop LOL. Summit has them listed, but the only store that ships to Canada is in Ohio, and that store has no stock.

Hoping one of our members has one they want to part with.

Thanks FABO

Yeah, I didn't see them listed separately either. Give them a call?? I'd be in for one also. Cheap enough from 521, the damned shipping(again) lol
Like I said, you gotta' pay to play, but the last $300 I spent from that neck of the woods scared the heck out of me with the tracking info......It just kept going around and around in circles in the LA area. I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to make it here......6 weeks.

I have bought them in the past. I think it might be a Ford part that is the same. I know I have used the Ford fuel sending unit floats on "A" bodies.

I have bought them in the past. I think it might be a Ford part that is the same. I know I have used the Ford fuel sending unit floats on "A" bodies.
I found that one in Summit from Mr Mustang. (Unfortunately none in Ohio, which ships to Canada). I Tried Rock Auto as well, but no listings there.

I checked, nothing. Sending units yes, but no sock.
They had a listing - I used my 72’ Demon as the victim. (Actually 72 Dart as they did not break down Demon) Sorry if they are out. Lately with their popularity- they seem to be out a lot. Second option is to use a metal barrel fuel filter on the end. A good one like a Napa gold. We do that for diesel tanks on heavy equipment that has rust.
When they clog- pop off the sender and swap out the filters. Funny how customers don’t want to pay for tank cleaning and sealing.

Sorry OP if I got off topic.
Syleng1

Hi Folks

Looking for a fuel sock for my 5/16 OEM fuel sender. I see 521 has them listed, but they are in Colorado, and the last thing I bought from that area went through California and got caught in a 6 week loop LOL. Summit has them listed, but the only store that ships to Canada is in Ohio, and that store has no stock.

Hoping one of our members has one they want to part with.

Thanks FABO

Spoke with Spectra #STR109 is their number(not sure if they make it or not), not available to public directly. Gotta purchase through extortionist retailers....I checked Amazon...$50

Try Herb's Parts, I believe they are located in the east, been a long time since I ordered from there but they were good to deal with then.

Hi Folks

Looking for a fuel sock for my 5/16 OEM fuel sender.
That's an easy one. 5/16" senders with socks were also used by General Motors for many years; their part № 5651705. They were available long after you couldn't buy them from Mopar any more, and they fit the Mopar senders just fine. Now no longer available from a GM parts counter, but here y'go; 13 whole dollars. Or if you don't like that source for whatever reason, they're all over eBay, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back