[WANTED] WTB 67 - 72 front sway bar brackets

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the set of front sway bar brackets with new bushings

brackets are good used ones, no rust

89.00 + shipping including new bushings

mopar charlie

I am sorry, I miss spoke, the ones that I have 4 sale are for b-bodies, I just checked my front sway bar brackets from my 68 dart, and the b-bodies are different, then the ones I have for sale, I will not sell the wrong parts

charlie

I am sorry, I miss spoke, the ones that I have 4 sale are for b-bodies, I just checked my front sway bar brackets from my 68 dart, and the b-bodies are different, then the ones I have for sale, I will not sell the wrong parts

charlie

To help the op out here with his wanted ad.

Never heard of any differences between A body 67-72 sway bar mount brackets, and 66-69 B body mount brackets.
They are all the same.
Bushings are what's different, due to diameter of the sway bar. That's all.

In your mind, what's the difference between them?

the b-body are not the same as the a-body totally different

I will NOT sell the wrong parts to anyone. That's how I roll

Haven't answered the question.
You evaded it.
Why are they different? In what way?

Don't go throwing out misinformation, over the internet, for everyone to read.

The op is looking for, needing, parts, so i would rather help him in what he needs to look for.

Those triangular mounts hang too low and their bolt ears break too easily.
I'll assume most owners who do have a pair of undamaged forward mounts also have the bar and wouldn't split them up.
There are some ancient threads here showing aftermarket mounts having square bushings used on the OEM bar if that helps. Good luck

the b-body are not the same as the a-body totally different

I will NOT sell the wrong parts to anyone. That's how I roll

Hey Charlie.
Take a look at some pictures.
What's the difference between the ones that the op has, and ones that are used on B body cars??
NOTHING.
You know that old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Attachments

• sway bar brackets A.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 263
  • swaybars.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 220
Thanks guys. I found what I need on eBay just the strap that welds onto the bracket. From looks they are same but my lord they are expensive. $124 for set of straps. That's for 2 pieces of metal that have indent in it to conform to the bump on the bushing. I have a good stamper in Michigan that can reproduce these. I'm thinking might be good to make up few hundred?

I've just gotta ask ya, what good is repoping just the "strap" portion of the sway bar mount bracket, going to do?
The whole bracket, Left, and right, is what's needed in the reproduction world.

Many times i didn't buy a sway bar, wether B, or A , body, because those brackets were missing off the bars.

And finding factory style brackets are obsolete, unobtanium, dinosaur eggs, hens teeth, to find in this day and age.

Good question. From my limited experience it's the strap that gets trashed, cut and bent to allow for replacement of the bushing, and they also get they get "curbed". The base mounts don't get beat up. Your point is well taken Hemi, if going to do the repop, might as well do the base mount and the strap. BTW you sold me complete SBP KH disc brake setup a few years back that was awesome.

You could do what I did and pick up aftermarket brackets.

Attachments

• IMG_2572.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 178
Good question. From my limited experience it's the strap that gets trashed, cut and bent to allow for replacement of the bushing, and they also get they get "curbed". The base mounts don't get beat up. Your point is well taken Hemi, if going to do the repop, might as well do the base mount and the strap. BTW you sold me complete SBP KH disc brake setup a few years back that was awesome.

Thank you, with the compliment, on the rebuilt KH Disc brake set up. Appreciate it.

I would also have purchased numerous factory sway bars, throughout the years, if they still had the factory brackets to them.
I also rebuild lower control arms, and if they have sway bar mount tabs on them, i always felt it would help the sale if i had, a bar to go along with the LCA's.

I'm almost positive they were Energy Suspension. They are showing for $40 a set at Summit.

Thanks. I'm trying to keep it period correct. That's why I wanted the originals. I had a perfect set with the LCA's as Hemi noted and like a dumbAxx I sold the complete set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back