WTB: '69 Dart Trunk Lid Tension Rods

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a pair from a 68 Dart 2 door post car. They should be the same but get the measurement of the straight part that goes between the hinges. Mine are approximately 43".

Ken
Edison, NJ
rider1454@aol.com

Ken, if the rods off of a '68 4-dr will work, I have a set that I can take off and send you. Also, I will get back to you on the PM (re: paint) you sent me tonight.

waggin, are verts, post cars and 4-drs different from hardtops?

On my '69 Dart hardtop, inside-to-inside measurement between the vertical tension rod mounts at the rear wheel wells is 40.25"; inside-to-inside measurement between the trunk lid hinge arms is 42".
These are the dimensions I need the tension rods to fit.
Hope this helps to clarify things.

Thanks,
Ken (ocdart)

Hi Ken. I believe that the ones that I have will work. With the 43" measurement for the straight part, you have the right length.

Ken (physixx)

Hi Ken. I believe that the ones that I have will work. With the 43" measurement for the straight part, you have the right length.

Ken (physixx)

Hi Ken (physixx), I just wanted to make sure I wasn't stepping on your toes. I thought if mine worked (and since I was closer) I would donate mine and send them to Ken (ocdart). I will check mine (length-wise) and if they don't work out (which they may not), you and Ken can talk). Thanks.

No problem at all. The most important thing is that we can try to help Ken (ocdart) get the stuff he needs. Just let me know if your stuff works or not.

Ken (physixx)

Thanks everyone for your help so far.
GTXperience - Ben, sent you a PM on your tension rods.
physixx - Ken, thanks a bunch. I'll let you know if Ben's tension rods don't work for my application.

Ken (ocdart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back