WTB ball and trunion parts-driveshaft

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to a good driveline guy and he will hook you up with a better slip yoke and flange (they are used in the 4 x 4 world) to do away with the ball and trunion .Cost about $250.00 complete last one I had done . The new flange will then bolt right to the trans .

Steve

Go to a good driveline guy and he will hook you up with a better slip yoke and flange (they are used in the 4 x 4 world) to do away with the ball and trunion .Cost about $250.00 complete last one I had done . The new flange will then bolt right to the trans .

Steve
and that requires a new mainshaft and all? would any transmission shop do it or would i have to go to somone who knows 4 speeds?

No ,the trans stays the same . The new part is on the front of the driveshaft , it replaces the B & T.

I just used my existing shaft( saved a little money that way) and they cut the B & T off, welded the new piece on and balanced .

Steve

yea my problem is i dont have anything but the transmission as far as the B&T... 27 years of the a833 i found one that would only be made 2 years haha

4X4 driveline shops do this stuff all the time as most 4X4 shafts are splined. If you can get a Spicer 1350 bolt on yoke, I bet you could find a said 4X4 truck driveshaft and just shorten the U joint side, thats about 50 bucks labor.

4X4 driveline shops do this stuff all the time as most 4X4 shafts are splined. If you can get a Spicer 1350 bolt on yoke, I bet you could find a said 4X4 truck driveshaft and just shorten the U joint side, thats about 50 bucks labor.
the cheaper the better, this might be another option.. so i buy the yoke, find the driveshaft and it should work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back