Status
Not open for further replies.

Saetun

Sinister Swinger
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
I have a '73 swinger & I picked up a later model ('69 up?) center console with shifter & linkage. I need wiring harness for the shift indicator (not sure if the '73 needs a reverse switch p/n: 2631039 or if the NSS activates the reverse lights. If so I need that wiring as well)

Also need mounting brackets. The console I have has the shifter mounting bracket but missing the other two pieces (the foremost u-shaped & the aft long bracket) as well as the 904 specific linkage bracket shown below.

$T2eC16Z,!w0E9szNZt01BRgSS2)(8g~~60_35.JPG

AMD repops the console brackets now. You can find those on ebay.The only wire you'll need to the console ( without optional lighter ) is the orange wire to the indicator. You could pick up the orange wire circuit at the steering column connector where that indicator gets its power or right by the ash tray since there is a same same at the ash tray lamp and radio lighting.
Reverse is routed through through the fire wall to your 3 post neutral safety switch in 73.
The bracket you have pictured is probably repoped somewhere but its easy enough to make from scratch too. I think I still have a measured drawing for somewhere.

I Follow On The Indicator lamp, Seems Easy Enough. However I Cant Picture the Reverse Lamp Hookup. I need To Wire Through The Firewall To The NSS to Get It To work, Is That Right? Sorry for being A simpleton But Not Much Exp With Wiring.

Brother,pm 67Dart273,on wiring.Check out,white punk on nitro,parts wise.Like the new avatar....

I Follow On The Indicator lamp, Seems Easy Enough. However I Cant Picture the Reverse Lamp Hookup. I need To Wire Through The Firewall To The NSS to Get It To work, Is That Right? Sorry for being A simpleton But Not Much Exp With Wiring.

What I meant is that is where the wires are already. You wont need to worry about those.
1 orange wire in the console to the lamp.
1 optional pink wire to the lighter well

The reverse light switch should be on the tranny in your 73, not on the shifter.

The switch in the pic above did exist through 69 modles. A switch on the steering column did too. Both replaced by a trans mounted switch in 1970.
If you have a earlier model shifter to put in your 73, It may have a reverse lamp switch that you dont need. Someone else does need it if it isn't broken.

Still in search of the mounting brackets and the 904 specific bracket. The pic from my original post was the 727. After searching the forum it looks like the bracket I need is the the lower one in this pic. Can anyone help?

attachment.php

Yeah, that's the one I don't have. Have 4 of them but not that one. lol

Yes, I saw that one yesterday & sent a PM, but unfortunately didn't see it in time as they had been spoken for. Thank you for the heads up, however. Hopefully there's another set out there in need of a new home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back