Status
Not open for further replies.

DOMINANTmopar

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
HI all,

I am looking for new fender fasteners for my 72 scamp. I have checked with a couple fastener shops, roseville moparts and various hardware stores with no luck. Does anyone know where I can get some? Or maybe you are parting out a car and can send me some (12 ideally). Stuff that's in good shape. No rotted or really rusted parts please. Below is a pic of what I am looking for.

10/24 bolt with a 3/4 attached washer and the correct clip

Or should I just use some other type of fastener?

Let me know

thanks

Attachments

• 1336961674812.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 143
  • 1336961814792.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 140
  • 1336961837548.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 135
Really? I will check tomorrow and let you know what I find out. I rarely use NAPA Thanks moparisbest.

Our local Ace hardware also carries a pretty good assortment of the U nuts.
C

BTW - Had that baby yet?

We haven't had the baby yet. My wife is 4 days past her due date. This is crazy. The doctor said they will go 11 days past the due date. The wife is not happy about that.

Napa had some clips that will kinda work. The bolts are definitely not correct. I guess I could make them work. They didn't have enough though. I'm pretty sure I need 12. If it comes down to it I can re-use 5 or 6 of the ones I pulled off. I would rather get some nicer ones.

Waggin - I sent you a PM

ok ebay has some potential. I will have to go to the shop tomorrow and take some measurements. I know the washer is 3/4'' and I believe the bolt is 10/24. I can't remember the length. Stay tuned.

The bolts and clips I have are factory originals, I throw away the uglee ones......
Napa had some clips that will kinda work. The bolts are definitely not correct. I guess I could make them work. They didn't have enough though. I'm pretty sure I need 12. If it comes down to it I can re-use 5 or 6 of the ones I pulled off. I would rather get some nicer ones.

Waggin - I sent you a PM

Body Shop Paint supply store. I bought the same items there. Also I have purchased other types of automobile fasteners from them. Down side is you usually have to buy pack of 15-25.

We haven't had the baby yet. My wife is 4 days past her due date. This is crazy. The doctor said they will go 11 days past the due date. The wife is not happy about that.

Hang in there. It's one of those "watched pot never boils" situations. It will seem like it will never happen and sometimes it doesn't. We just had our first, induced at 10 days "overdue". Remember the "due date" is really just the doctor's guess, there's no such thing as an actual "due date" when the baby is guaranteed to be born, they're all different. Congrats in advance!

And thanks for starting this thread, I never even knew what those were called.

Thanks Jeff.

I have found those at various stores, but either the washer size is wrong or the clips are the wrong size or something else. I talked with waggin and he says he has the originals and will sell them to me for a reasonable price.

Even though I don't have a show car by any means, for some reason I really want the original stuff. Most people wouldn't even realize if I used aftermarket stuff, but I would know. Seems like a battle in my head. LOL

I agree on the due date comments. When the baby is ready he will be ready. The wife is just miserable and wants her body back. She got into awesome shape before getting pregnant. She was working out and eating right and got down to a tone 115 lbs.. Lots os muscle and a flat belly and awesome *** :). Man she was looking smokin. I am convince she will get back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back