Not open for further replies.

bkbond12

Old ones need lovin too..
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hello Everyone,
I'm thinking that I need a new light switch for my 71' Scamp. The lights turn on, but I have to rotate the knob back and forth to get the instrument lights to illuminate (hit or miss). I can turn it all the way to turn on the dome light, just not the brightness feature of the cluster.

If you have one that will work for my application, please let me know how much. I don't need one, but would like a working one for a relatively inexpensive amount of money. I can take a picture of what I have if it will help, or if you know of a way to repair my current switch, I'd take that advice too.

I will pay in advance to a respected member, set up an ebay auction, or utilize a 3rd party broker system with a respected member. Please let me know what works.

Thanks,
-Travis-

headlight switch is available at most part stores. I just install a jumper over that defective dimmer reostat and have bright as possible dash lights regardless where the knob is turned.

You can clean the dimmer section with some super fine sandpaper or do like redfish said and bypass the thing. Does anyone actually turn them down because they're too bright?

You can clean the dimmer section with some super fine sandpaper or do like redfish said and bypass the thing. Does anyone actually turn them down because they're too bright?

My thought exactly for many many years.
Finally, someone who wears eye glasses explained to me why the dimmer is present in every vehicle. Bright dash lights reflect and glare off glasses' lenses.

headlight switch is available at most part stores. I just install a jumper over that defective dimmer reostat and have bright as possible dash lights regardless where the knob is turned.

Good deal. I'll give that a go and see if it pans out.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back