-
Status
Not open for further replies.

drtybttr

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a set of connecting rods for my college budget 340 build. I already bought one set but they were the older 273 lighter style, so i'd have to get my rotating assembly rebalance. Pm with price and condition. Willing to pay a little more for ready to go rods that I don't have to get redone. Let me know. Thanks fabo!

imho you still need to deal with balancing. replacement rods will have to weigh the same as what you had first off. Do you know those prior weights?

truth is 'lighter' 318 rods are plenty strong, and actually would make for a lighter rotating assembly. As with anything there is no right perfect answer, but should be designed into intended application.

imho you still need to deal with balancing. replacement rods will have to weigh the same as what you had first off. Do you know those prior weights?

truth is 'lighter' 318 rods are plenty strong, and actually would make for a lighter rotating assembly. As with anything there is no right perfect answer, but should be designed into intended application.

The production balance tolerances are close enough for anything spinning under six grand, so long as you go with the type of rod originally intended for the crank being used.

340 rods are bushed at the pin hole; all the other factory small block rods are not bushed. Whether or not you need a bushed rods will depend on what type of piston pin you have - is it pressed onto the rod? If so then 340 rods are not what you want. Is it held on with snap rings on the sides of the pin holes? Then you want a bushed rod.

The pistons I have already will be held on by the snap rings. I will not spin this motor over 6k. Strictly a DD.

All the 340/360 piston pins are the same. It's the rod that holds the pin if it's not bushed. You can use a 360 none bushed rod in a 340 and not worry about the snap rings. With the bushed rods though, snap rings are definitely a must. Using a bushed rod in a 360 for example that has pistons without the provision for snap rings will not work since there isn't anything to hold the pin in place. Just my 2 cents.

The bushings are a plus, but not necessary when using a stock style wrist pin. When going to a hard chromed aftermarket pin, they are not needed at all.

i have a set posted on here if you havn't found a set yet.pms me..

you can buy a brand new set of I beam rods from eagle through Jegs for 269.00, they are bushed and have new bolts! there good up to 500hp for a small block. I have a set of nice factory 340 rods for 80.00. but I would put new bushings and bolts in them and have them balanced with your rotating assembly. mark.

ive also got a set with facory stock pistons4.000and a new set of arp bolts to go with them can have separated at your cost and if any 1 needs stock 360 pistons out of a 71 360 i gotem will get pics up soon latta parts to sell cleaning garage time and building new motor baby j heads ready to run torker 340 750 carbs holley and 1 650 d/p sd/fs all of them gr8 for a cheap dd motor stock bearings crank looked new
buy new bearings your ready to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back