X block sonic test

-
yeah save as much meat on the cylinders as you can in case something happens Lord for bid and you have to bore again sometime in the future . fill it with premium parts and go for it!

A bigger bore will usually flow better. But that’s it. To me, cylinder walls are best thick and rigid. Bore means little, unless the heads are something special with huge valves.

I have some w5 heads I’ve got as far as I’m comfortable going on the port work, and no holes yet. My machinist said let’s sonic test them.
I have some w2 heads that are done on another engine, I’ve not flow tested but are pretty maxed under the valve, with 2.08 intakes. Paccalloy springs, ti retainers, Strip dominator intake, and a M1 for the w5 heads.

be careful on the W5’s regards under the spring pockets. Can get thin real quick. I had a pair ported that came back you could poke a pencil through 5 or 6 of them. Not so good at 7500 rpm with a roller and good springs.....

I appreciate all the reply’s
I’ll take into consideration everyone’s thoughts and probably will keep things on the conservative side.
I try and build things with durability in mind, as I enjoy driving my beast, and prefer to enjoy for years to come.
Sincerely 12

-
Back