X Head O Head Comparison

-

gtsdodgeguy

Reaction score
I Recently Purchased A 68 Gts Dart With A 340. Has The Edelbrock Str-12 Crossram Setup. Also Has One X Head & One O Head On The Engine, Can Anyone Tell Me The Difference Between The X & O Heads. Should Both Heads Be Either X's Or O's Or Will This Combo Work Just Fine. Thanks In Advance !!

The X vs. O is and should be a non-issue. There valve size as OE stock were the only difference. The X coming with 2.02's, both had the 1.60 exhaust. Otherwise, runners and chambers should not pose any problems on a inbalance.

Do You Know What Size The Stock Intake Valves Were On The O's The O Head May Have Been Machined For The 2.02's ?? Engine Builder Has Passed On, Taking This Info With Him !

They probably were machined up for 2.02's. Stock is 1.88 *I believe it should be> I have not crossed a stock 2.02 valved O head yet.

I salvaged a 1970 340 Swinger several years ago. I rebuilt the complete engine, it had the O heads on it, It had the 2.02's in them.

Hey All !! , Thanks All For The O Head Info ! I'm Kinda A New At This, But I'm Learning More All The Time. Be Bugging You Gear Heads For More Info As My 68 Gts Project Progresses !

All 'O' heads are 2.02s, as they were a mid-1970 ONLY 340 production piece.

What is the difference between the 'X' and 'O' and the other 2.02 3418915 derivatives, you ask?
The lower row of head bolts have wider load bosses on the 'O', 'U', 'Z' and 'J' heads, that's all that's different.

Mark.

thanks mark, & thank all for the feedback i received on this question. very helpful !!!

-
Back