x head ?

-

powerwagon

Reaction score
i have a set off 2531894-D heads thay have the x cast on the underside but no x beside spark plugs wuts up with that? and i want to know wut the "D" stands for? if any one knows please share info thanks

They are junk, not worth your time.

Box them up and send them to me, I'll dispose of them properly! :-D

On a serious note.

What you have are X heads. Some heads didn't have the X on them at teh plug area. The 894 head is an X. The "D" letter is most likely a core box/casting revision series.

What are your casting dates? We did a thread on this a year or so ago. The heads on my 62,000 mile original 340 Formula S are the same way.

My cars build date is 8/67 and the date codes on my heads are something like 1 or 2 months before the build date (I would need to go look again)....

This is what we came up with.....

Very early 2531894 heads may not have had the "X" cast next to the plug hole.

Some said.... Without the X they are not X heads, but they are 2531894.

Its strange how people look at this.... All heads with an X are X heads. All heads with an X will be #2531894.

#2531894 heads only came as "X" heads... There was no small valve or whatever version.....

But... A #2531894 isn't an "X" head without the "X". Some may say..... Even though it is in all ways the same as all other #2531894 "X" heads it just doesn't have the X.

This is a fact... If you have #2531894 heads, you have 340, big valve heads.

In short..... #2531894 heads are X heads and that is what you have.

lol, i know thay where x heads,BUT i dident know that some had the x beside the spark plug and others did not, mine have the x on the underside. but wuts the D stand for and how can i find the date code molded on the head?

With Mopar heads not all were letter heads even if they are the same identical castings. I had an original set of 587 heads off a 73 340 that had no letter. They had the raised block between the plugs but no letter. Seen others of the same year off a 340 that had a U cast onto them. Can't tell you why they did them different unless possibly they were cast at different places??

-
Back