X-heads shaved?

-

dgully

Reaction score
Is there a place to measure the heads to tell if the heads have been shaved?
Also if they have been, do I need to measure for new push rods.

Thanks guys

You could measure chamber volume.......it would give you a ball park, they should be between 73.5 and 63cc.

The need for new push rods would be determined by how much lifter pre-load you now have.

Here you go, from the Chrysler Racing manual. You probably will not need pushrods, but a good idea to check them. You can also shim the rocker shafts upward.

WOW you guys are Great !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! save this one to you'r hard drive along with those casting #"S !!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil3:

And the flat area of the chamber is typically around .080-.090" deep... from the few open heads that I have measured.

Thanks guys that help out a lot. I was told that the lower bottom side bolt flange is to measure 1" and I measured mine and it measured .960, so ill chk measurements that 66's has pics of.

Thanks guys that help out a lot. I was told that the lower bottom side bolt flange is to measure 1" and I measured mine and it measured .960, so ill chk measurements that 66's has pics of.

I had a set of unmodified X heads and the lower bottom side measured 1" so I think that's correct, but you can't beat the pic 66 provided from the racing manual to be sure

-
Back